Time to concentrate on the league.

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Re: Time to concentrate on the league.

Postby mark8364 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:08 pm

Akinfenwa should never have been signed nor should of McDonald! Should of got a couple of strikers with experience of playing in the championship to give us that extra push in League One! Someone like Deon Burton would have fitted the bill!

We will go in the loan market soon enough...Bayo and Cody will not get 15 goals between them! Despite what I have said above I still think Kedwell will get 15 on his own!
mark8364

Postby Robpthegills » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:03 pm

I love Kedwell we need to play to him more and not just hopefull lumps. The guy is Gillingham through and through
Robpthegills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:27 pm

Guess after such a great season last year I kind of hoped we would be doing a back to back double and climb into the Championship. Of course in reality the chances of that happening are slim.
I agree with RobtheGills, think most of us no matter how optimistic expected us to struggle against Wolves and the Colchester result until what the 88th minute seems to have been able to go either way ? Think the next two or three games , this weekend then The Swine and Bristol C will give us a good idea of where the mighty Gills are going.
Still think bringing Cody back will be OK, don't believe Norwich or Coventry signed him just to fill the roster. Bringing him on in the 60th minute is the way to go, fresh legs, new face all that sort of thing.
Got a feeling we get a nice win this weekend , get some points on the old scoreboard 3-1 or 3-2 victory to give the team confidence, Cody banging in a couple.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 pm

I personally think Brentford will be more difficult than Swindon! I feel they only lost the play-offs after losing the League 1 title with seconds to go which totally deflated them. They will keen to avoid that this year! I won't be too annoyed about losing the first 4, it was as tricky as they come but Colchester shouldn't have ended in defeat and we need to bounce back and get revenge on Bristol City with a much stronger Gills set-up.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:42 am

Just got a call from the fly on the wall, the boys are up and ready to go, a win for sure this afternoon for the mighty Gills.
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:03 am

Guess it's getting better, I see a win in our forecast,.......................... sometime in late October against say Carlisle.
gillsfan1066

Previous

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION