Scores.

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Re: Scores.

Postby Snackboyslim » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:53 pm

In fairness though, he didn't have a terrible season with Northampton, in fact probably played better for them than for us last time so maybe MA took a punt based on his form last season.

From what I've read from those of you that have seen us play thus far, It's our midfield that maybe our achilies heel. Then again, I don't think this division is as strong as we may fear.

Promotion- Lovely though, but no thanks.. far to soon in my opinion and we could end up in a freefall. (Ask me again in Jan when we're in the top 7 though!!!).

As Robp pointed out, financially, we're pretty much ok which is great. That makes the dreaded 'R' word even more unacceptable than ever before me thinks.

Consolidation would do me, coupled with a decent cup run to wet the whistle for when we start to push on again.
Snackboyslim

Postby Garawa » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:43 pm

Although Rob Kedwell looks anything but pushed out and instead central to a lot of our play and to boot looks more dangerous than he ever did before. But then pre-season can deceive a bit as they can be freer to play in ways they wouldn't normally in a competitive game.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Robpthegills » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:51 am

Did you see the SE news tonight though Gary.

It was all about the new strike partnership of Cody and Akinfenwa.

Anyway, all speculation, not long now and we will find out how its all going to pan out. COYG
Robpthegills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:05 am

I think as things stand we have a bit of a "mid table" season coming up, I hope in the next couple of weeks we bring in the one or two players we really need to make a run at back to back promotions, I am sure they are out there, still unsigned and desperate to get another season under their belt. I fear that if we are sitting mid table at Christmas with out much hope for a play off spot, teams could well come looking for MA, and he could easily jump ship.
I look at the Championship Division and see heaven, I look at the First Division and see , well a slightly more exciting division than the one we played in last year, thanks to teams like Wolves, Sheffield, Coventry, MK Dons, the rest I think we have played on and off a hundred times over the last few years.
Please Mr. Scally open that cheque book and lets find the one or two players we need to get into the running for a chance at promotion.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:46 am

I missed that Rob. However I can't see that myself as that was never really utilised in the big home friendlies.

Against Ipswich it was Kedwell & McDonald and they were replaced by Bayo & German.
Against Millwall it was Kedwell & McDonald and Bayo and German once again replacing them.
Against Palace it was Kedwell & Bayo with McDonald and German replacing them so it would be odd to change it seeing as they have partnered each other in these friendlies for a matter of minutes!

I know (a bit surprisingly really) that Ian Bell wasn't at those games but Matt Cole was and I am sure he would have fed back.

Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:20 pm

Im not really worried about the friendly results,as all they`re are games to gel together and get match fitness.There will be mistakes in defence as the players are still a bit rusty.Im sure by next Saturday we will be ready for Colchester.I can see a midtable finish for us,which I would be pleased with as it will be consolidation and not yo-yoing from divisions.

I saw the interview on South East news with Cody and Bayo and they look like they have a good friendship.All the Strikers will be used and rotated this season,and even though it is League one Bayo should score atleast 8 goals and set Cody up for his goals.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Garawa » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:53 pm

I will conveniently gloss over the fact that a strong Gills side lost 3-0 away to Woking today so if you wonder why it wasn't mentioned, you'll understand why! ;-)

Garawa

Postby mark8364 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:32 pm

Kedwell will start..top, top player!!
mark8364

Postby Robpthegills » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:50 am

I love KEDWELL mark. He is by far my favourite player. His hard work and the fact he is loyal and gillingham through and through.
Robpthegills

Previous

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION