Cody's Back!

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Re: Cody's Back!

Postby Rimshot » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Getting Cody back is good news, not so sure about the big fella. Would be interesting to see him in training...for example does he use a regular knife and fork or go straight for the shovel ?
Rimshot

Postby Robpthegills » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi Gary.

Sorry I answered your question the wrong way. I just read it as do I have a problem with having my photo on my season ticket..........ie some people don't like to carry photo id on them as per the big rigmarole when the govt tried to introduce it. I have about 3 forms of photo id on me at any given time so.....NO I don't have a problem with it.

Yes, I can see the problem from your angle. If Gillingham had to win the last home game of the season to be automatically promoted and I was out of the country it means my seat would be empty rather than having a vociferous gill's fan in it.

Also if I do Wine and Dine nobody can use my seat when in fact I have paid for 2 seats as such.

However I also understand that if for instance at any Home game of the season 20 for example season ticket holders couldn't go that is £23.00 x 20 = £460 for every single home game the club are losing as revenue. Then x that by 23 and you have a few bob missing.

I am just being chill with things this season so I don't have a problem with anything :)
Robpthegills

Postby Garawa » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:29 pm

Ha ha, no I read it how you wrote it and I too don't have a problem with the ID side of it. I just find it very odd that they would choose to leave a seat empty and turn down at least a little revenue. That said it doesn't sound like it has harmed sales at all.

All I could think of was that there were at least 2 pitch invasions last season that would have generated fines and that by having a picture on file, maybe somehow that protects that side of it. Have we been warned that if it happens again we are looking at much larger fines?????
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Previous

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION