Bayo, Baaaaayo.. delight come and me wanna go home !!

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Bayo, Baaaaayo.. delight come and me wanna go home !!

Postby paulgrommit » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:08 pm

Bayo's signed for a year !!!
http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/n ... 90906.aspx

Good news or bad ??

Personal I think he's a pain in the ass for defenders and can only be good for us for another year !!
paulgrommit

Re: Bayo, Baaaaayo.. delight come and me wanna go home !!

Postby Robpthegills » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:56 pm

Put my trust in MA

but its hardly set my heart pounding. He is now older and probably heavier lol....unless we sign someone else we now have 2 overweight slow paced strikers, albeit i love keds
Robpthegills

Postby Garawa » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:58 pm

Ha ha, love the thread title.

Personally, I feel it is a bit of a step back. Northampton > Gills > Northampton > and now Gills again doesn't look good and whilst he is no doubt a good League 2 player, I can't help feeling we already have that type of player in Kedwell and what we really needed was a proven nippy goal-scorer. I love Bayo, but his wages might have been better used elsewhere, after all, if Bircall doesn't get snapped up, we will have Kedwell, Bayo, Burton, Birchall and STILL want another!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Goalmouth » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:06 am

Not good enough for League 2 Northampton, is he good enough for League 1? Backward step in my opinion. :?
Goalmouth

Postby kiwigills » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:06 am

It may be that Northampton couldn't afford his wage demands, Goalmouth, but agree, although he is a handful for defenders, that it is a bit of a backwards step in my mind. Would love to be proved wrong though. Got to trust Martin Allen and his decisions in signing players he thinks will help develop the club. Got to remember that it's not always 11 big name players that make the best team, it's how the team gel and perform together that counts.
kiwigills

Postby Garawa » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:14 pm

It's the number of forwards that worries me! Birchall has been transfer listed but there have been no takers and now we have Bayo and Kedwell. We have signed German and Burton will probably sign his contract so with these five, are we still in need of a McDonald type player? Are we settling for what we have with German? Can we support 6 strikers albeit a couple might play in midfield?

Another question. One annoyance with Bayo was that he is always the highest fouler in the league, not because he is dirty but because the refs perceive him to use his weight to gain an advantage. I don't believe League 1 defenders will manage him any better than League 2 ones but we may have more experienced referees. Could that mean they will be more cynical in his play or, like me, understand that more making Bayo a more successful player at League 1 level??

Garawa

Postby Robpthegills » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:22 pm

I am hoping Gary that German is seen as a winger. His goalscoring record is not that of a striker but a winger and it does say he can play in both positions.
Robpthegills

Postby Garawa » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:29 am

Well that's it then it seems!

John Schofield says Bayo completes our "range of striking options". Seeing that we have had a £300k bid turned down for Cody AND he has been training with Shrewsbury I believe, that looks like it! Unless its a smoke-screen, gotta love pre-season politics!

Garawa

Postby mark8364 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:34 am

Cody will sign for Shrewsbury Town!!!!
mark8364

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION