Jack Payne

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Jack Payne

Postby Goalmouth » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:20 am

So Jack Payne's gone to Peterborough. I'm a bit disappointed because he struck me as a good young pro with a bit of potential. I wish him the best in his career, and that we might get a windfall from any sell on, al la Jarvis.
Goalmouth

Re: Jack Payne

Postby Garawa » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:13 am

I think there must be a decent-ish fee with his age. When he went on loan I thought it was a good move taking 2 steps up but now it looks a side step. However I never really felt that Martin Allen appreciated him, first thing he did was try and make him more of an attacking midfielder then sought a holding midfielder as we were letting in too many goals! Some people have said they heard discontent there, possibly down to Jack not wanting to be "rotated" so to speak. How true I don't know but clearly he was out of the managers plans, wanted move on himself and good luck to him, one of our best midfielders since Jarvis left.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Jack Payne

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:36 pm

Shame young Jack has gone, but I have a feeling he might well be playing at the next level with Pet'borgh sooner than he would if he stayed at G'ham. Bookies seem to like them to go up and I guess we got a few shekels for him ? Think this division is just about the most difficult to get promoted from, most teams have not got the finances to buy their way out ,so they rely on canny signings, hope this one does not come back to bite us.
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION