Season Ticket

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Season Ticket

Postby stevew106 » Thu May 12, 2022 7:23 pm

Hi All
Newbie on the site so be gentle. I have been to a few Gills Home games over the years but am considering a Season Ticket for this year and just wanted to get peoples opinion on best area for viewing. When I have been to the off game, I tend to go Rainham End but am thinking as forking out a bit more cash, maybe going Medway Stand for a better view, perhaps back row of lower tier. What are peoples thoughts
stevew106

Re: Season Ticket

Postby Garawa » Thu May 12, 2022 7:35 pm

Hello Steve, welcome to the site!

We did lower Medway stand for Rotherham for a better atmosphere. It was good being right against the action but a little tricky to see the RE action from the right of the dugout. We usually sit upper Medway and that is my favourite by far.

With the new structure, I am tempted to not to get a ST ticket this year as planned. I find it tricky to get to Tuesday PM games and with Under 14s going free for matchdays, my children can go and it would cost less.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby stevew106 » Thu May 12, 2022 7:42 pm

Thanks for response. I did think Upper but they only appear to have blocks A B and C available which is a little down one end, would prefer to be in middle area ideally.
stevew106

Postby Garawa » Fri May 13, 2022 3:54 pm

The reason is that the middle Upper blocks contain the press box and director's box. Then you start going more down to the other end which is reserved for the watch, wine and dine groups. I think there were a few seats available immediately in front of the press box which scouts and observing managers from others clubs often used which I have seen available to book but that might be for a match day only to keep these open should they be needed.

Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun May 15, 2022 1:02 am

Stevew106........ ignore the peasants, with their hot dogs and cups of char, sitting in the cold, teeth if they have any chattering, come and join us in the Watch, Wine and Dine Section I swear it doesn't matter what's going on down on the muddy old grass, none of us watch the silly game anyway, most of us don't even know who is playing, just a bunch of guys in blue and black striped shirts and some others not in blue and black striped shirts running around and falling over..
It only costs 40 quid, and for that you might if your lucky get to meet Mr Lidbit,(without his beautiful wife which is to be honest a complete disappointment) ,but he will regale you with tales of his cricketing accomplishments playing for Kent , and if you're lucky she might be sitting outside waiting for him to leave by the time we rich folk have had our meeting with Scally when we get to throw lemon meringue pies at him if we lost.
You also get an executive ticket ,something to save as a memento to remember where we came from when we make it to the Premier Division, in four or five years, and there is a wonderful buffet that includes, Scally Burgers, Scally Chips, Scally Dips, Scally Prawns, Scally Oysters on the half shell, Scally Camel Hump , imported from his racing stables in the UAE, ( that will teach the bugger to run faster ) Scally Drinks, a waterdown version of any drink you care to name, tea or coffee at half time, and all severed by a toples Mrs.Scally,who for a couple of bob will lift her Gulf Style Kaftan Dress and show you her tattoo of Priestfield Stadium from the air ,including, players autographed parking spaces for every member of the team ,for the last 20 years.
You also get a PROGRAMME AND LISTEN ,LISTEN, A TEAM SHEET, I am not joking A TEAM SHEET. It is just incase anyone from the cheap seats who is panhandling to get the bus fare home, happens to see you getting out of the Limo at the chippy on the way back to your mansion, and has the nerve to say hello Sir, could you spare a penny or maybe two and tell me who played number 69 today for the Gills.
You don't have to answer him,but I think you might find it fun to see how the other half,sorry, 99% lives, I always find it fun to say Mr Garawa do you and your 17 children need a ride home , and then when he bows and doffs his cap and says aye Sir that would be fine, I do, then I tell the driver to step on the gas and wave bye as we race up Barnsole Road on my way home to Sevenoaks .
Well Stevew10648725486 I look forward to seeing you at our first game against Harrowgate or, Salford City, maybe we can have dinner one night,newest member of the WATCH , WHINE and DINE club buys,(thats you).
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sun May 15, 2022 8:01 pm

SteveW, you will get to know our friend from the states (Gillsfan) if you come on the page often. His wit, and the arrival of Neil Harris, has been the only light during this season!

Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue May 17, 2022 9:35 am

Well thanks Mr.G , that's the first nice thing anyone has ever said to me on here. OK now I have got your attention, we can NOT,NOT,NOT,NOT, (am I getting through here) NOT let a certain person THREEPEAT, I will pay you anything,and I mean that, ANYTHING . You can have half the 50 quid Stevew 497306768241 and bar, sent me now I am the Official GFC Forum Treasurer, do you want the 25 quid in a check,money order, baby milk powder, maroo ana is legal here in Chicago, anything Sir,just make sure he doesn't win it,PLEASE, thankyou.
gillsfan1066

Postby stevew106 » Tue May 17, 2022 1:31 pm

Thanks All. Was thinking maybe back row of Block F Medway Stand might be a reasonable spot.
stevew106

Postby lidbid46 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:13 pm

Rainham End every time!! Right in the middle and make some noise!! And my wife will be on the bench with Neil next season with her rolling pin to sort out anyone who dares criticise him or Mr S!!
lidbid46

Postby bunburygills » Thu May 19, 2022 7:52 am

Come on Gillsfan, you know you wanted me to win it again otherwise you wouldn't have sent me all those tips before the season started. Now I'm on a roll it's hard to stop. Next season I'll have to tune all the results into a top three team. That's a whole new ball game.
bunburygills

Next

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION