Today's the day.

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Today's the day.

Postby Garawa » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:01 am

Must win game today. Im sure Fleetwood will come out to frustrate and hold for a 0-0. 1 win in 17 for them and avoiding defeat would be a great result for them. A draw means we stay a point ahead of them. We then travel to Portsmouth on Saturday whilst Fleetwood host AFC Wimbledon. They know we'll find that difficult and fancy their chances to relegate the Dons. They will then be above us on points AND with a game in hand.

We can be 4 points clear after today but defeat on Saturday would still make it advantage Fleetwood with that game in hand. We can't rely on them losing those games. Put simply, we HAVE to win today and put that pressure onto Fleetwood needing to win their games. Sounds like we could have 8000+ Gills fans in the ground so no better time to do it!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Today's the day.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:15 pm

Thankyou Burton ,you useless bunch of beer swilling dopes, you have nothing to play for and then you go and beat Rotherham 2-0,aaaggghhh, fools, fooools,foooooollllllsssss.
I watched Rotherham play Ipswich over the weekend and they played well enough to get a 1-0 win over what looked like a pretty good Ipswich team, why oh why have we got them on the last game of the season?.
I look at the Gills stats and every year we seem very good at doing one thing,and that is getting draws, please someone go and buy a goal scoring forward,get McKerdy from Swindon he is going nowhere fast with them, and at 25 yrs old is now in his prime. Go and get Harry Smith from Orient or get Keilor- Dunn from Oldham, he is not going to want to go down when Oldham disappear forever into the forgotten leagues of English soccer.
We must have someone to play up front with Oliver, I think I read he was like the 25th top scorer in the division with 10 goals and I think maybe the second Gillingham scorer was like 7th with 5 goals and 2 pens in the 1st Division scoring table. Can' t Scally see we need a goalscorer like a drowning man needs a life jacket ?
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION