Tom Dickson- Peters

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Tom Dickson- Peters

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:47 pm

Gills bring in a 19 year old from Norwich, he has never played a first team game,but is the second highest scorer in the Second Division Of The Under 23 Development League . It doesn't sound like a great signing, I fear the league he is playing in seems to me to be where most players when they leave seem to end up playing for Finn Harps or Sligo Rovers, I am assuming there on par with the National League in the England ?
I would love nothing more than if he came in and scored three against the Tractor Boys on Saturday, what a fall from grace they have had over the last few years. GO GILLS..
gillsfan1066

Re: Tom Dickson- Peters

Postby Garawa » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:57 pm

So hard to tell isn't it as there are some gems but too many which get released and then their careers are over. The last player we had didn't end well and I hope he gets on with Evans. Some loans end up pretty decent so lets hope he gets off to a good start.

What I can't get my head round is the embargo. We are prevented from signing new players unless we have fewer than 24 players of "professional standing" and we don't pay any more wages. We now have 23 players because players like Gbode, Sithole, Akehurst etc have played a professional match BUT ONLY because we were forced to play them due to having the embargo otherwise they would have barely got anywhere near. Mental situation and a self-fulfilling prophesy.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Tom Dickson- Peters

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:39 pm

I agree, but WHY are we not able to sign players, ask MR GENIUS SCREW UP THAT OWNS THE CLUB, he will tell you a bull sh*t story probaly going to be everyone else's fault but his, but it should be good for a laugh. This guy makes people like Mike Ashley look smart. Hey he's looking to spend a few million quid to buy a team,....MIKE, MIKE hey MIKE come here come here.
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION