Fresh Start to the Season".

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Fresh Start to the Season".

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:56 am

Saturday was the Gills chance to start the season afresh fresh , after a three week vacation. Yes I know there have been many problems with players being tested positive with CV-19 , every team has , but hell they must have been ready to run out there and kick the s*** out of MLK DONS or so you would have thought, GO GILLS.
Evans says he was delighted with the way the boys played, and he should be after all they had 33% of the play, 6 shots compared to MLK's 17, 1 shot on target , and 2 corners, they did win the fouls battle, I guess that was something ?
It must be time to admit Evans is past his sell by date and the players are just not up to the job of playing First Division football, if we still have most of these players on the squad next year , I would imagine teams like Woking and Boreham Wood are licking their lips at taking on the Gills in the 23/24 season.
Time to show you mean what you say Mr. Scally about Gillingham , are you going to buy the team out of trouble or let them go down the drain to sewerville ?
gillsfan1066

Re: Fresh Start to the Season".

Postby Garawa » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:59 pm

I do think that was a good point though. If you look at the match facts I posted for the game, their scoring over the last 8 games more than beat ours for the whole season. A clean sheet away was a pretty decent start and I'm sure when Oliver gets match fit and Dempsey is back then I'm sure the goals will start. If we keep a few clean sheets in coming games we should be alright.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:12 pm

Your right,lets see how we did against Ip ..s ..w....i......t.........c...........h.
gillsfan1066

Postby bunburygills » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:05 am

Every time a big club goes through difficulties there are insider stories about changeroom issues, manager issues or player issues. Now, Garawa, you should know more than anyone if there are rumours circulating, so what's the problem? We are not a big club so it should be a lot easier to find out things. Our players look like the sort that would go down the local pub rather than go fine dining in a 5 star restaurant, pint of bitter rather than premium wines. So I thought you might have bumped into them when you've taken your good wife out for dinner at Macca's or KFC. I can't imagine any other clubs hanging on to their manager for so long after these results. So, come on, tell us the goss.
bunburygills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:08 pm

The team that whipped our butts on Saturday were right around the bottom of the table 3 games ago, they changed their manager, not the players ,and have now had two wins and a draw , that's like SEVEN POINTS in today's money, now there 10 in the table, uuuuummmmm, makes you think doesn't it ? NO, NO, NO,....no I kind of feel the same ,I guess Scally has missed his trips to Swindon and Port Vale, and an away trip to Barrow in Late January or early February will I am sure have supporters banging at the Gills offices looking for tickets.
I am coming to the conclusion that maybe old DIP SHIP is going broke,or perhaps he is saving his money and having discussions with Maidstone about ground sharing while he has a conversation with the Gillingham Council about a new 4,250 half seat, half standing stadium at the Gills training ground while he builds an apartment complex on the Priestfield site. Only way this thick owner of ours will ever get it ,is for NO ONE to turns up to watch the Burton game except the 127 Burton supporters, then he would click and see there was something that stinks at GFC, and not just the product that he puts on the pitch, or the manager, but he himself as well.
Of course it could be that old Piggy Eyes did something naughty on an away trip to say Shreeewwwwwsssssbury, and old Chubby Evans found out about it, uuummmmm, now it's all becoming clear, about as clear as mud.
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION