It's Del Boy

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

It's Del Boy

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:45 am

Reading the latest night night sleepy time bedtime story from Scally just shows that he is about on par with Del Boy. Can't the chairman of an English professional football club do better than to say and I quote " I am talking to some genuine people now" ,or " I had a call today from somebody I went and saw two weeks ago in Dubai ,who I have been talking to for some considerable time", and " I have some people based in England ,who are very credible people, football people and we're talking on a regular basis with them on a way forward and some kind of structure ".
Oh by the way he has spoken to some 50 or 60 other people many of whom were timewasters, I wonder why ? How many times did I hear in my office from a lazy salesman who would come in, and when asked how everything was going would say , " I am in the middle of talks with all the right people,things are looking good ". or, " I am talking to the people who are based here in the factory now ". Do you know what the results were, always the same, we ended up with nothing ?
For the first time in as long as I can remember it was about half an hour ago when I suddenly said to myself, Self,who are the Gills playing this weekend , I didn't even know, or worse still I didn't care that they are playing Charlton midweek, I had forgotten all about them.
gillsfan1066

Re: It's Del Boy

Postby sotongill » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:11 pm

gillsfan1066 wrote:or worse still I didn't care that they are playing Charlton midweek, I had forgotten all about them.

Charlton game now cancelled , due to Covid in the Charlton squad , so quite acceptable to forget all about it :lol:
sotongill

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:08 pm

OK this is starting to look better and better for the Gills, have one or two more games cancelled and the January Transfer Window will be open and Scally will be bringing in all the new players we need to survive.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:42 pm

That interview was cringey! I don't agree with the Scally out lot as they cannot prove their is a viable alternative out there but Scally said a lot of things which he knew he couldn't justify and which his opponents would be able to prove was false, and has. This whole scenario is unsavoury and puts off the so-called potential investors they all want as all they see is a fan base at war and boycotting games. Some proposition that must be! Worse still is that it has to have an effect on the players but sadly most of those at the moment are young lads getting their first experience of achieving their dream of playing first team football for a professional club.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:55 pm

Those young players are getting paid more than most of their Fathers ever did in a week , they know there playing for a dumbass owner and an over the hill lets just pack the middle of the field and hope we don't need to score manager. Apart from the Premier Division , English football is just about done, it's only the true fans that are going to spend their hard earned paycheck going to footie games, especially to support a team like Gillingham who's owner has no ambition other than to walk around saying I own a First Division football team, when they can sit at home and watch some of the so called best football in the world from the Premier Division just about 24/7 on their big screen TV's.
I guess although I have been out of the UK for many years ,English blood still flows through my veins, but like a damn South African Doctor said to me on the golf course a few days ago when we had a 50 degree day in December, the problem with English people is that you guys all live in the past, you don't have Peters and Hurst and the Charlton brothers playing any more, and Botham isn't playing anymore, neither is Alan Knott, he probably scored more runs than the starting 4 or 5 English players in Australia at the moment.
Then I watched the Third Test yesterday evening, lets just bring them back to the UK, save the hotel bills, let them go off and join teams in India and Pakistan or where ever to play their winter white ball cricket, this bunch is Australia are God Damn Embarrassment to the whole country.
I will only believe Scally has any interest in Gillingham FC if he gets rid of Evans NOW, and brings in a proven goal scorer or two ,which will mean putting his little piggy fat fingers into his pockets and pulling out some cash to pay them.
I don'r think for one second that there is a line of people waiting to invest or buy GFC, and the reason is simple, Scally will want to stay involved in one way or another,
either as part owner or as a director,or he will want to sell the team but not the ground,or he will want to keep the practise facility and the North Stand or the floodlights, or the teas concessions lady, some way , somehow he will screw up the deal and try and screw the people with the millions standing on the roof of the main stand with bags of hundred pound notes, do they have those yet, OK 50 pound notes just waiting to pour them into the Gills coffers ?
And please if your a salesman don't be offended by this comment,it's because he is DEL BOYS brother, making all his money selling refurbished copiers, I worked in the East End of London for years, we did a lot of business with companies on the Old Kent Road from our Hammersmith Office, there was a Del Boy Business on every block in bboth areas' , maybe he was more successful than Del Boy, maybe he should be compared to Arthur Daley in Minder, ( call your Mother or Father and ask them ).
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION