Covid in the Camp

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Covid in the Camp

Postby sotongill » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:47 pm

A friend on Facebook this morning questioned why more footballers were getting it per capita . Amongst his thoughts was whether it had to do with their lifestyle on/off the pitch .

Where was John Akinde on Monday ? At a beer festival at Covent Garden . Unmasked , as i believe you are in a pub . I know that because a friend , a Doncaster supporter , had travelled down to the festival with some of his mates . The photo of him and Akinde hit my messenger account an hour or so before the photo was posted on Facebook

Akinde wasn't the only footballer there . There are also photos with John Marquis , Steve Fletcher ( stoke ) , Ben Watson , Kyle Bartley ( west brom ) .

Then there's Danny Lloyd . Good player from what i've seen , but tweeting anti-vax and anti-mask stuff . Allegedly , as that's what is being said by Gills supporters on Twitter .

So i guess there is a sort of " i am a fit man so it can't hurt me " attitude amongst players . Incidentally , my Doncaster friend caught Covid and survived it earlier this year . As i said to the wife on Monday , he's risking getting it again going to "that London"
sotongill

Re: Covid in the Camp

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:53 pm

Amazing, just amazing,how many people I know,who I consider smart hard working good family folks DON'T have one single shot over a year after they could of had. I have asked a few why not and they say things like there doing more research. OOOOKKKKK,your not a doctor ,your not a medical student, you can't possibly know that many doctors you could ask, so where are you doing your research, the answer .........GOOGLE. Like Tiny Tim would have said at the end of Dickens a Christmas Carol if it had been written in 2021 God bleeping help us , what the bleep is wrong with you bleeping morons ?
gillsfan1066

Postby sotongill » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:55 pm

The world is full of them Gillsfan .

We have compulsory face masks in shops and public transport again , but when i went to the supermarket yesterday people were walking in without them , and when i went on a bus about a week back there were loads of people without them . Not enforced as it was during the first lockdown , with on the spot fines . No-one cares . Especially as the government took the p last Christmas , and broke all the rules .

Still , at least the anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers will be earning themselves Darwin Awards by removing themselves from the gene pool . :lol:
sotongill

Postby CadburyMan » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:49 pm

What is the UK doing different to the rest of Europe; our football programme is virtually wiped out this weekend yet Europe seems largely unaffected
CadburyMan

Postby sotongill » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:21 pm

Tighter border controls from the outset , maybe ?
sotongill

Postby Garawa » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:36 pm

They MUST know somebody who has died from it surely? I know 3. Let's Covid is some sort of conspiracy, they have died from something which we still need protecting from so whether it;s Covid, the flu, the plague, tennis elbow, slug slime or stupidity, get the jab and perhaps you won't die. I know a few people who were double jabbed and yet fell very poorly with it so probably had their life saved by it. What the hell is it if its not Covid?
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION