Day Jar View all over again

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Day Jar View all over again

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:46 pm

It's like "Day Jar View "all over again, it's 1964, Freddie Cox is the manager and it is the first season I really got into the Gills. Oops Did I say 1964 lol, my bad , ment to say 2004, cough cough, can't possibly be that old can I? Oh you beauties 4-0 and Burton next time, make hay while the sun shines as they say.
gillsfan1066

Re: Day Jar View all over again

Postby Goalmouth » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:10 pm

A quarter of the season gone and I'm starting to believe. :D These are the teams we've struggled to beat in recent seasons. Long may it continue.
Goalmouth

Postby Garawa » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:54 am

Yesterday was quite shocking! We beat Bristol Rovers 4-0 but this one felt like total domination, a bit like England v San Marino. As far as I am concerned Weston, Whelpdale, Lee, Payne and Nelson are not only League 1 standard but either very good League 1 standard or higher. You could probably count Barratt and Allen in that list given they came from that league whilst the rest possibly wouldn't look out of place there either.

Last season many scoffed when I when said I felt we would fair better in League 1 than 2, that the players were more suited to that style of play as was seen from the FA Cup fixtures. I think this shows they are. Not only that, go up with momentum and I feel we could get back to back promotions. I mean top of League 1 is Tranmere and Stevenage! Do we feel honestly these sides are miles above our level???

I hope I am not getting carried away in the euphoria but I believe this has all the hallmarks of a push back to the glory days. At least, I don't think we would go down if we were to go up.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby CadburyMan » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:40 pm

What's with this "Day Jar View" - its just not English - try "Deja Vu" :D
CadburyMan

Postby Snackboyslim » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:37 pm

LOL Cadburyman.
Dare i say it... two shay mate.
Snackboyslim

Postby Kezz » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Let's not get carried away and I want to take nothing away from yesterdays performance, but, was it us, or was it them? Were we good or did they make us look good? They were woeful. Bring on Burton, that'll be a better test.
Kezz

Postby Poshgill » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:45 am

Think you could be right Kezz but it was probably a bit of both. To me it looked like a first division side playing a Conference side. Worst Aldershot side I have seen for a few years. How their Chairman can have confidence in the wife-beater Holdsworth is beyond me. Still, as you quite rightly say, Burton will be a tougher game and give us an indication of where we are.
Poshgill

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION