Another Southampton loanee in

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Another Southampton loanee in

Postby Garawa » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:16 pm

Gills have signed Southampton midfielder Callum Slattery. That makes it 3 Soton players at the club after O'Connor and new addition Johnson. The academy sides tended to have struggled in the FLT matches so interesting so have potentially a quarter of a starting 11 consisting of players from the same club.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Another Southampton loanee in

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:32 pm

Gillingham are in Hibernation Mode, all thoughts of promotion have gone out of the Board Room Window, Scally has probably gone back to watch the camel races in Dubai, give his wife her 150,000 pound paycheck for the year. Evans has been told not to ask for any more money for players and his only job now is to get keep us in the Third Division,a 15th or 16th place finish will be just fine.
We might as well all go into the same Mode, sleep until Spring , wake refreshed to hear our beloved Chairman give his end of season speech, where he will say the Manager did the best job he could do under the circumstances, mainly the same players will be back next year as there is no money to buy new players , but we expect to be in the promotion race by Christmas 2021, and with regards to our new stadium,I have found a corner of EXMOOR which would be very suitable for a multimillion pound stadium and shopping precinct,we have the experts there as I speak taking soil samples and we will be pressing ahead by late summer with constuction .
gillsfan1066

Re: Another Southampton loanee in

Postby bunburygills » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:31 am

Southampton would have one of the best academies in England, supplying players for many Premier league clubs. Gareth Bale being probably the best of many, so it's not a bad thing to be friendly with them, same with Arsenal. What we do with these youngsters is a different matter entirely.
bunburygills

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION