January Incomings And Outgoings - What Do Gills Need To Do ?

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

January Incomings And Outgoings - What Do Gills Need To Do ?

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:39 pm

Here is a list of Gillingham's First Team Squad For The 2020 / 2021 Season..........

Jack Bonham
Joe Walsh
Ryan Jackson
Jack Tucker
Connor Ogilvie
Stuart O'Keefe
Matty Willock
Kyle Dempsey
Dominic Samuel
Jordan Graham
Robbie McKenzie
John Akinde
Alex MacDonald
Jacob Mellis
Vadaine Oliver
Henry Woods
Christian Maghoma
Toby Bancroft
LOAN Zech Medley
LOAN Declan Drysdale
LOAN Josh Eccles
LOAN Scot Robertson
LOAN Tom O'Connor
LOAN Trae Coyle
OUT ON LOAN Lee Hodson

With The January Transfer Window about to open in just over a months time, what do you think Gillingham need to do to improve the first team squad for the second half of The 2020 / 2021 Season ??? - Which players listed above can you see leaving the football club in The January Transfer Window ??? - And if you can bring in reinforcements, where would you like to see Gillingham strengthen the squad to make Gillingham stronger for the second half of the season ???
fan_of_mulligan

Re: January Incomings And Outgoings - What Do Gills Need To

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:30 pm

Scally has to dig deep into the coffers find a goal scoring forward from a team sitting in the middle of the table, or get a player on loan from the Championship or Premier Division who is a gnats c*ck away from making the first team who needs maybe a more competitive environment then he gets on the reserve squad .
To tell you the truth I honestly feel this season is over as far as promotion goes, and I think were good enough to stay up with the players we have got, thanks to Wigan and The Shrews looking good in the bottom two spots, so maybe save some money for next seasons 33 midfield players Evans will bring in ?
gillsfan1066

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:06 am

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/gillingham-boss-targets-january-additions-238910/

Gillingham chairman Paul Scally has given manager Steve Evans the green light to do what he needs to do in the January transfer window.

Evans says there are funds left over from the last window and he’s already got the wheels in motion to bring in additions to ensure they have a better second half of the season than the first.
fan_of_mulligan

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:38 pm

I think we should get a round table of Gills fans going to help Evans out, stop him bringing in Midfield players, which help us get a 15 place finish in the table year after year.
gillsfan1066

Postby bunburygills » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:55 am

Apart from who are we bringing in, who are we getting rid of? I was expecting great things from Willock but that doesn't appear to have happened. Who's the dead wood and how good are the loan signings. F.O.M.is usually up with the latest, how about letting a distant fan gain some knowledge?
bunburygills

Postby Garawa » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:03 pm

I think he has pretty much stripped out the dead wood already as was shown in the recent cup game when we fielded only 4 subs as he refused to give any youngsters some match day experience. Maghoma hasn't looked particular great but is much needed cover and Hodson is not going to play but he pretty left last season and we are simply waiting for his contract to expire so that doesn't really leave much. If anything, you could see Tucker or Ogilvie leave but would not be players we want to get rid of and then we would be stuck.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:54 am

Come on FOM, help poor old Boomerang Bob out, he still thinks Simpsons in goal and Yeo's playing up front. It's true we overseas participants in these competitions Mr G fixes, ( oh God did I say that, I ment runs) , honestly don't really know what's going on at GFC, we have no one to argue with about footie, thank goodness for this site or I would now be supporting Norwich or someone.
gillsfan1066

Postby bunburygills » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:11 am

Now you're talking. If we could bring back Johnny Simpson and Brian Yeo plus the likes of David Peach, Dick Tydeman and Rasher Bacon. Add the steal of Andy Quirke, Spider Burgess and Chopper Proverbs and we could be in business. We'd frighten a few teams that's for sure. Some alas, like super hero Simpson, are no longer with us. I lived on the Eastcourt Estate when I was a schoolkid and one of the all time great Gills, Ernie Morgan, used to kick around with us on the park. He was hobbling a bit through his football injuries but he was still brilliant with us kids. I wonder if that sort of thing happens anymore.
bunburygills

Postby sotongill » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:33 pm

what a wonderful memory , Bunbury . I suspect that it no longer happens as footballers no longer live within the community in which they play . like Simpson in Gordon Road from our day .
sotongill

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:54 am

Oh yes it still happens, at my country home in the golden triangle of Cheshire,me and the boys often meet of a Sunday morning for a kick around on the village green before Robbie Fowler opens the "You Will Never Walk Alone" pub at lunchtime. We put a couple of Bentley's at one end for goal posts and a Ferrari and a Maybach at the other ,and we play England against the Rest of the World, but having only 5 England players against 27 Foreign players,the result always seems to be the same , we lose in the region of 3-53 most Sundays.
We often tell the police to allow a child to come through the ropes to play in goal for us , normally when were down by about 20, so we can blame him when we get in the bar to down a few pints with our roast beef and yorkshire pudding a bit later.
Assuming they have done running down one of their best friends ( normally around the away end goal ,when Pogba, Eto'o or Balotelli play in goal, why we don't know), the Wags join us for lunch, an event I find very disconcerting as they lift there food on their knives and forks, inspect it before replacing it in the gravy and drinking there glass of water for lunch before filing their nails over the apple pie and ice cream.
Yeah the average guy can still find a kick around with the stars if he lives in the right area, but I don't think Luton Rec. is the place to look.
gillsfan1066

Next

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION