Have You Watched Gills Matches On I Follow This Season ???

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Have You Watched Gills Matches On I Follow This Season ???

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:59 pm

Have you watched Gillingham Matches On I Follow This Season ??? - If the answer is yes, then what has your experience been regarding watching Gillingham Matches On I Follow for The 2020 / 2021 Season.

Because I noticed on The Gillingham Discussion Forum On Facebook that some supporters were having problems with I Follow and were experiencing technical difficulties watching MK Dons V Gillingham Last Saturday, And of course, we cannot forget missing the first five minutes of the second half for Gillingham's 3-1 home win against Oxford United, That's when I Follow really did play up, and the one time I have noticed I Follow not working.
fan_of_mulligan

Re: Have You Watched Gills Matches On I Follow This Season ?

Postby Garawa » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:46 am

I've not seen many of the games, only Southend and Hull so far as the games kicking off early mean I tend to miss the beginning but I shall be tuning in this afternoon.

When people have said their commentary version of the iFollow service wasn't working, it was for me both through the club website and the app on my phone so that is very weird. I don't know why but I just cannot get excited for a Gills game online, even when I cast it to my big TV yet if it were Sky showing it, I'd make an event of it. Given I haven't seen a live match since February, I can't work out why that excitement isn't there.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby sotongill » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:20 pm

Watched every single one this season , including the friendlies against Reading and Cambridge .

Also watched all that were screened last season , and the season before .

The quality is certainly better than it was two years ago , although i agree that it has crashed once or twice ( but not during the MK Dons match ) .

As someone who finds it difficult in terms of cost and time to go to games , i've found this a blessing , and was what we were sort of promised by the media pre-Sky in about 1988 - the talk then was about getting a season ticket for your team via the TV .

And i do get excited watching the Gills online .

I'll be watching the Ipswich game next Tuesday , though i may have a problem next Saturday as my youngest granddaughter is one year old , and i haven't yet been given details of expectations of where i need to be and when :D
sotongill

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:39 am

Ok lets get something sorted out here. Sooty old mate, your on a need to know basis, where you need to be , when, at what time and wearing what ,you will be told by Grandma , so that's that sorted out, lol.
Basketball is BIG business over here, even most bad teams have waiting lists for season tickets. There are only 30 teams , just a few more than the Premier Division in England in a country of 331 Million people, and with each teams stadium only seating around 19,000 people, it's not hard to see why it is so popular on TV,especially as the season goes through our winter.
This years NBA finals between the L A Lakers and The Miami Heat ( two of the best supported teams nationwide),the TV Ratings were DOWN 35.9% over last year finals, and this years Baseball World Series which is all tied up at 2-2 TV and being played this very second , there TV ratings are DOWN 26.7 %.
When I speak to people about sport , and these are guys that go to games ,have ESPN 1 through ESPN 964, or whatever ,the general comment is I don't care , there all a bunch of overpaid spoiled a** holes, or words to that effect.
So many people here are out of work ,or working part time instead of full time,or the company they have worked for has closed down for good , just gone , then the last thing there interested in is some player who has just signed a new 145 million dollar 5 year contract,or some guy just starting year 3 of a 5 year contract and now demanding the team sit down and sort out a new contract for him at twice as much as before.
I am sure that when this damn CV19 has finally gone ,and people start working full time again then we will all start doing the things we did before, but I think it is going to take some time for everything to get back to where it was this time last year.
gillsfan1066

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:02 pm

I did for the first time last night.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION