The Old Bull Cup

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

The Old Bull Cup

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:18 am

Coventry at home, and in the third round it will be Wolves or Stoke away ,in an empty stadium, so no gate money, what the hell are we playing football for ? Why not just hold off to say January the 1st and then play say a 22 game season with fans in the seats ? Were playing baseball, football (soccer) and basketball here in empty stadiums and it's hard to even find many people who care this year . With more and more teams showing every game on there own network (which of course costs another 100 bucks a year) on top of your cable bills as opposed to say Sky Sports or ESPN, just about everyone I spoke to over the last two days at the golf club who are normally sports fans ,don't seem to give a damn this year, I hope the same is not going to happen in the UK.
Last edited by gillsfan1066 on Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gillsfan1066

Re: The Old Bull Cup

Postby Garawa » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:56 pm

I worried about that. It should be an EFL wide deal. I'm pretty sure on the old iFollow we could select a different club and listen to their commentary as I did the season we saved ourselves from relegation against Northampton. Lately however, we select the match through the club and therefore other matches become difficult unless broadcast on Sky. We are seeing it with streaming services which are becoming more numerous with each requiring its own subscription including old ITV and BBC repeats. I get they want the money but they are all fighting for a limited pot.

As for the Gills, 4 successive home games to start a season for the first time in our history and all behind closed doors. Not good for income is it? I'd like to think the £10 match pass was popular but in truth, I bet it was far less than would have attended.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION