League rules.

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

League rules.

Postby Garawa » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:05 am

I am a bit surprised that we will only be allowed to use 3 subs this season. When they were worried about Premier League players playing every 3 days, they were allowed to use 5 subs made in 3 instances. We play more games and will also be playing a lot of Sat > Tues > Sat games but only get 3.

Plus, I'm not sure if this was always a rule, but the league rules state this "From the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a League game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the League game before."

Now I get the need to play strong sides if a side has already been promoted or relegated but 10 out of the 16 outfield players sounds a lot. I know many could go on the bench but still, when only 3 subs are allowed and more Tuesday night games are included, it doesn't feel like our players will get as much chance to rest as the EPL players got when playing congested fixtures.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: League rules.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:18 pm

Have Gillingham FC got 16 players , or can Scally ,Evans and the Grounds Keeper suite up ?
gillsfan1066

Re: League rules.

Postby Garawa » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:12 pm

Evans said today he is targeting 3 more players and that Hanlan needs to "listen to the people around him who care, not the agents who only want the money". He says we need a squad of 20. If Hanlan does stay, then we need another 3.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION