Brandon Hanlan and Connor Ogilvie Transfer Speculation

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Brandon Hanlan and Connor Ogilvie Transfer Speculation

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:48 am

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-pinpoint-gillingham-striker-brandon-hanlan-man-make-difference-attacking-options-2955691

Pompey are eyeing Brandon Hanlan to bring another dimension to their forward line next season.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/transfer-gossip-portsmouth-lining-move-versatile-left-footed-gillingham-and-ex-tottenham-defender-2956430

Pompey are 'are keen on snapping up' Gillingham left-back Connor Ogilvie, reports suggest.

Portsmouth are interested in signing Connor Ogilvie and Brandon Hanlan and transfer speculation on Brandon Hanlan went into over-drive on Friday Afternoon, with the news about Connor Ogilvie being linked with a move to Portsmouth being mentioned much later on, Can you see both players leaving Gillingham to sign for Portsmouth, maybe both players will stay at Gillingham, or, maybe one player leaves and another play commits there future to Gillingham Football Club ???
fan_of_mulligan

Re: Brandon Hanlan and Connor Ogilvie Transfer Speculation

Postby Garawa » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:17 pm

I heard Pompey are also after Tucker. Perhaps we should just swap club names this season!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:29 pm

Both Tucker and Hanlan played both half's of the Orient game, Ogilvie only played one half,I would have thought maybe if transfers were imminent they would not have played at all ??
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:09 pm

Absolutely. Especially Hanlan. The reports seem convinced he is off so he definitely wouldn't have played for two reasons. Firtsly, if a player is leaving then we want to try sides with players who will actually be in the squad come matchdays. Secondly, there is no point holding on to a player that wants to leave so there is no point risking him getting an injury and paying a player to sit in the stands whilst taking up a place that a replacement could have. This all suggests the reports are rubbish.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:59 am

I am beginning to think that the transfer window closing date should be bought forward to at least a week before the first game of the season, even if it is a cup match. Something seems wrong that a small team can set up it's side with players under contract for the coming season, then some club with money to blow come's along and offers the club owner of the small team more money than he will make in a season to take two key players from his roster. Once again it's the fans that have to suffer ,another miserable 15th place finish in the league.
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION