Paul Scally: Gillingham Are In A Better Position

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Paul Scally: Gillingham Are In A Better Position

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:29 am

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/others-have-played-roulette-and-rolled-the-dice-229596/

Gillingham chairman Paul Scally believes they will be better positioned than others when they return from the Covid-19 lockdown.

Mr Scally has been celebrating 25 years at the helm this week and is facing one of his biggest challenges since taking over the club in 1995 as he looks to keep the Gills afloat.

https://www.kentsportsnews.com/waiting-game-for-raynor-and-gills-02-07-2020/

Gillingham assistant boss Paul Raynor has been speaking to KSN about life in lockdown and his increasing frustration over the way that last season was ended and the waiting for a date to possibly start season 2020/2021.
fan_of_mulligan

Re: Paul Scally: Gillingham Are In A Better Position

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:22 pm

Twenty five years of the same old, same old Gillingham FC, and then I look at teams we were playing in the 1990's and see where they have been, the fun there fans have had with a few seasons in the Championship and then Premier. I guess we had our couple of seasons playing the almost big boys,but hell I would like to see it happen again before I die.
Scally wonders why no one goes to games anymore, for a Chairman he doesn't seem very bright not to be able to figure out why that is ,does he ?
Of course I live in hope for next year but already Scally has a built in excuse , I guess it will be the SEASON AFTER WE SURVIVED CV19. With no money coming in for new players and no rich Arab investors mooring there 150 foot Dubai registered yachts at Gillingham Pier, I consider a 15th place finish to the 2020/2021 season a success, said Gillingham FC's owner Mr Scally Wag, as he sat writing a letter to Her Majesty the Queen , asking why once again he had been left off The Honors List.
gillsfan1066

Re: Paul Scally: Gillingham Are In A Better Position

Postby Goalmouth » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:37 am

Yes, it is frustrating looking at teams like Bournemouth and Brighton in the Premier League, but look in the National League, and you'll find other teams like Chesterfield, Torquay, Barnet who we've also played many times over the years, indeed, Stockport County, were our first opponents in the Championship, look where they are now. We can speculate, but we will never know where the Gills would be if Scally hadn't taken over, all we can say is, like a lot of other clubs we're surviving, but you never know whats round the corner. There are clubs in our league that, not so long ago, were Premier League teams, that's football. And beware what you wish for, you've only got to look at what went on at Bury and Bolton, and what's going on at Wigan to see what can happen with the wrong people in charge.
Goalmouth

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION