AFC Wimbledon

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

AFC Wimbledon

Postby Snackboyslim » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:53 pm

Of all the clubs that potentially we could (help) relegate from the football league, the last team I would want it to be would be them. I'd feel dreadfully sorry for them if they did go down, and honestly hope that we're both be celebrating come 1645 on the 20th. For all they've been through getting their club back up to where it is, for me it would leave a slightly sour taste. Anyone but them, I wouldn't give a hoot.

Don't get me wrong, if it's choice of us winning the league and them going down, there obviously is no choice to make. I hope they win their other two matches, tho against Exeter and Fleetwood, it's looking tough for them.

Looking forward to the party!!
Snackboyslim

Re: AFC Wimbledon

Postby Robpthegills » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:17 am

I would much rather lose afc wimbledon than someone like Plymouth or Torquay.

I know they have been through a lot but they have also enjoyed a lot. I remember going to a FA Cup game at priestfield versus Wimbledon when they were non league. I remember them bouncing up and down the divisions, it was never boring for them they were always going up or down. Ultimately I hated their style of football, they were just thugs, there fans were non existant and they ceased to be.
Credit to them for starting again but still no fans as such and still not enjoyable to watch.

I would like to see Aldershot and AFC Wimbledon go down...........

cheesy nibbles mr snackboy :)
Robpthegills

Postby CadburyMan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:24 pm

No fans ? The new AFC Wimbledon (not to be confused with Franchise FC) regularly receive 3,000+ for their home games which is better than a lot of clubs in the division

But like you I do not want to see them stay up if it means by doing so we don't win the title - I don't want it to prejudice my 25/1 odds with BetFred :D :D :D
CadburyMan

Postby Snackboyslim » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:59 pm

Cheesy nibbles aplenty Rob, quashed down with 1 or 2 ( ;-) ) tasty chilled beverages. Maybe three or 4 after aswell! Is everyone meeting at the cricketers?? After party at 1645?? Me hopes so!!

Best of luck Cadbury with your 25-1 mate, don't think you have too much to worry about there, great call.
Snackboyslim

Postby Rimshot » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:05 pm

Had more than enough of their fans in this area during the recent FA cup tie with MK Dons. Very poor ambassadors for their club.
Rimshot

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:22 pm

The Gills are going up, The Gills are going up, I don't give a hoot the Gills are going up.
Verse 2.) Who ever goes down ,who ever goes down ,I don't give a hoot the Gills are goooooooo iiiiiiiinnnn gggggggggg UP.
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION