Crunch time

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Crunch time

Postby Garawa » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:16 am

I'm not sure we have the support, strength or capability for a promotion push but it makes a change from looking nervously over our shoulders at the bottom and it will be fun trying! We are 14 games unbeaten, just 4 points off the playoffs and only 8 off top spot. Wow!

These run of games will probably tell us where we are going this season. Southend (languishing with too many defeats to count), Lincoln (no win in 6 and 2 wins in 10) and AFC Wimbledon (no win in 6 and 1 win in 10) should all appear winnable games. Although Southend was tough, I do feel our kamikaze approach limited our capabilities somewhat.

After that, things get a bit tougher when we play Sunderland (A), Fleetwood (H), MK Dons (A) and Rotherham (A). Good points against these will really put us in the mix. A couple of defeats to any other than MK Dons and the playoffs will probably be gone. Exciting times ahead.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Crunch time

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:09 am

Ten games left after this weekend and Four of the games against the top Four teams in the division and one against Fleetwood who are on the verge of a play off place. That leaves us six games where we MUST take 3 points from each of them, starting this Saturday.
The away games against Sunderland , Rotherham and Wycombe look like there going to be real, real tough, and the Fleetwood and Coventry games are not exactly pushovers, what your best guess for the last 11 games,mine is going to be ,.......................5 wins, 4 loses and 2 draws , 17 points and an 8th place finish on the season.
Oh to get another chance to replay those 153 draws we had this season.
gillsfan1066

Re: Crunch time

Postby CadburyMan » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:10 pm

Hard to disagree with you 1066 but I'm not entirely sure that we will get that many wins but I'm more than happy to have the doubt quoshed
CadburyMan

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION