Sorry Mr. Evans

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Sorry Mr. Evans

Postby Garawa » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:29 am

I really, really dislike Steve Evans. I believe he wasted his second chance in football and should not have been allowed anywhere near a football club long before he got to us. I remember him punching the air in disgust when a throw on the halfway line went against one of his side's at Priestfield early in a match. I remember him and Raynor often charging about like demented fools over nothing. The embarrassing comments he'd make on TV made Scally's look like the Queen's speech. Then there is the cringe-worthy situation when he called the police on Hessenthaler for a "racist" slur when he finally met his match and he couldn't dictate the argument as usual. I felt that he and Scally were so similar, things were going to end quite badly.

I have to say, he and Raynor have calmed down considerably. I haven't seen any silliness or screaming abuse at anyone, not even when major incidents have occurred in games. His nouse at this level is now starting to show and, whilst I believe we could not sustain a championship season when most teams are spending £20m+, it will be fun trying when our division has some huge sides in it. I am quite impressed by his professionalism and clearly he and Raynor are trying hard to change as his No 2 was just as bad. He is also working hard to build up a relationship with the fans and long may it continue. I am happy to say how wrong I have been.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Sorry Mr. Evans

Postby lidbid46 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:45 pm

I'm glad you've been able to see the good in him and I too am enjoying the Gills success, attending a few matches already this season having said that I wouldn't. However, Evans still has a lot to prove to me before I believe he has become a better man. His odiius behaviour demonstrated for years has not yet been offset by a few months of relative calmness. If it continues however, he may yet win me over.
lidbid46

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:02 am

Steve Evans here borrowing my buddy 1066's computer to write on, after I donated mine to a a child in ragged clothes that didn't have one to use for school, along with my coat I gave to her Father and my car I donated to charity so they can auction it off and buy the poor of Gillingham food and blankets for the winter.
It's very nice of you to say such wonderful things about me and my number two , thats Mr Raynor to you bums, but as far as I am concerned you can all piss off, go screw yourselves you bastards .
You said nothing nice about me when I was brought to this crappy backwater of the Football League as the manager, like you people are so wonderful, like you lot have never done anything wrong in your lives, you forget your own short cummings real easy don't you,but oh yeah your good at remembering mine.
You wanted a NICE manger, one that didn't shout at the players or the ref, one that managed to avoid relegation each year, and give the players kisses on their boo boos when they got injured, well YOU GOT ME INSTEAD, and we going to make the playoffs this year if I can get these dumbass players to start playing from the kick off to the final whistle, which I will or they will be down the road with Steve Lovell looking for another job.
Well I will tell you now, both of you, and a few others, I have got you pictures on my office wall , and as soon as we get into the Championship next season, you, you bastards, you will be wanting tickets ,BUT you won't be getting any , and you won't get tickets for ANY Gills home game next season, or the season after when were in the Premier Division................hahaha, how do you like me NOW, hahahaha, I win,I win, I win.

Have a great day, Regards ,MISTER Steve Evans. Manager of the future Premiership Champions, Gillingham FC.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:25 am

Ha ha, well I take it all back now lol.

I agree Lidbid. I still think, at some point, it will all turn a bit nasty but for now, he is very different to before and lets hope he has realised he cannot keep spouting vitriol and getting bans without later repercussions.

Garawa

Postby CadburyMan » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:17 pm

Well he was the first booking of the day !
CadburyMan

Postby Garawa » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:52 am

He almost got a second although quite rightly he was angry from the Radio Kent commentary as it sounded as if both Hanlan and Ogilvie were completely wiped out and only warranted yellow cards (albeit the very late one was a second yellow). Their defender also got away with a second yellow late on when he was already booked. Perhaps in the past, Evans would have gone completely berserk, who knows.

Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION