Did I miss anything?

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Did I miss anything?

Postby Mooke » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:07 pm

At the risk of sounding like being out of a timewarp, did I miss anything since 2012 when I last was here ??

Still the same old Mooke as ever was, but two near death experiences (cyclists!) and a pending Marriage to the lovely Mrs Mooke.

It is shocking to realise that todays mascots may not have been born when I last posted. I am sorry to have been away. Life happens. And then you decide one day, you're finally going to walk up the aisle probably 15 years than you should have done.

I would play the last waltz in tribute to our club. But the event is already sponsored by Andrex as it is!!

Now, who do I know?
Mooke

Re: Did I miss anything?

Postby CadburyMan » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:53 am

Welcome back old chap
CadburyMan

Postby Garawa » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:58 pm

MOOKE! Amazing to see you back!!!!!

Check out our prediction league if you like - the Lucky League is good for a bit of banter. As for missing anything, well, we haven't changed much and is still the same old group. Gillsfan has got even more wittier and Bunbury now retorts but other than that.....!!!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby sotongill » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:39 pm

Welcome back Mooke
sotongill

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:12 pm

Welcome back , Her Majesty's Place in Maidstone still open, or were you in one of those holiday camp open prison places ? You missed a bit, really not a lot , Mr Lidbit got signed up by Kent County Cricket Club, scored a hundred and bowled out four with his googlies. He was lucky Mrs. L, that wonderful woman was at the match and managed to undo them on the drive home , which would have been fine it it had not still been daylight at 7.30 when the police car pulled up alongside them at a red light on the A1 and took them both down to Gillingham nick for questioning, but they got off with a warning, and not the Public Indecency lewd act ticket they thought they were going to get.
Mr garawa's wife had another baby back last spring, I think there only one shy of a five- a -side footie team, five on the field, but as of today only two on the bench, not three like the rules of the game demand , and Mr G is worried that it might not happen, he has just found out Mrs G has been saving her Green Shield Stamps for 12 years now and is only a couple of books away from getting a 14 inch black and white TV for the bedroom, and you know how that can ruin that special night you only get once every three or four months .
Old Billabong Bunbury appears to have been released from the chain gang, but he seems to be back to his old ways , traveling through Bangkok and the Golden Triangle trying to set up drug deals with the various Far Eastern Cartels, so how long he will be free man is anyone's guess ?
The rest of the gang all seems to be OK, Mr Garawa upset Fanny Mulligan a couple of years ago so FOM doesn't post anymore, which is a shame, because he had got us completely mesmerised with his nationwide search search for cheap Coca Cola and chewing gum , but he isn't around anymore so "save the lav " or whatever that French saying is.
Well congratulations to you and the new Mrs Mooke , glad you finally made an honest woman of her, and just out of interest The Mighty Gills are STILL in Division ONE, easy easy easy , NOT THAT Division One, that's now called the Premier Division. It seems a few years ago everyone playing in Division Four got upset at being complete and utter losers, so as not to upset the maggots any more they changed Division Four to Division Two ,and there all happy now. Were in Division One , which used to be called Division Three, complicated isn't it ?
Oh and remember we went into Europe, well there is this real funny guy as Prime Minister now with crazy hair and a scruffy suite, and he is taking us out of Europe , I don't know why but he is.
Nice to have you back, try and keep on the straight and narrow now your out of pris, hospital, wink wink, and GO GILLS.
Last edited by gillsfan1066 on Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gillsfan1066

Postby lidbid46 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:33 pm

There's nothing wrong with my googlies indeed since 2012 I have developed several mystery balls which I use all summer to bowl many a maiden over. And my reverse sweep and lap shots are becoming legendary! Welcome back Mooke; only one rule has been added; just ignore anything Gills fan ever says.
lidbid46

Postby bunburygills » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:44 am

You'll be pleased to know Gillsfan that I'm back home again safe and sound. Just got to stay in quarantine for 2 weeks to make sure I haven't got caronavirus. Had a great time, we love going to Asia, after all, it won't be too many years before Australia becomes part of Asia. Our national football teams are already in Asia.
bunburygills

Postby Mooke » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:27 pm

Yes, sorry.

ROundabout 2012, found myself very busy and working stupid hours. That's just IT for you.

Then in 2013, something terrible happened. I got posted to, and there is no other word for it …… Swindon. Holy [BEEP!!]. It is not a coincidence surely that no one ever says "as pretty as Swindon Town Center!". Except in a ironic taking the pee kind of way obviously.

The working day length just got horrendous. Mind you, during the financial crisis caused by "Dave and his birds" (old board reference!), well frankly, lots of us were in that position.

I am not joking when I say I sadly saw several people killed on the rails in that time, and it all got a bit too much. Still fighting the IT fight, but back in Bristol, and now suffering First bus. holy cow, but do I suffer …..

Have some tumours on my head now. All fine, but looking a bit Darth Maul …

Anyhoo. That's enough of my bitching. 8 years worth in one post. Must learn to moderate that!!
Mooke

Postby Rimshot » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:49 pm

I too am still alive. I realise that will be a disappointment, especially to 1066.
Have moved to Norfolk,
Have retired from proper work, now charging twice as much to do the same thing as a consultant.
Don't get to Medway any more but tell that nice Mr Scally that much of East Angie is flat and perfect for a new stadium.
Rimshot

Postby CadburyMan » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:46 am

East Anglia flat? Surely this cannot be. I thought it was only the A5 corridor between Tamworth and Cannock was where the "flat earth" existed - well that's what the inhabitants there believe :-)

Consultants - give them your watch and they will tell you the time :-)
CadburyMan

Next

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION