It ain't over yet!

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

It ain't over yet!

Postby Garawa » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:19 pm

Port Vale 7-1 Burton Albion

It seems rather than feeling the pressure of the chase it has spurred them on after their slump. Either that or Burton who were recently 3rd are collapsing massively under the strain!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: It ain't over yet!

Postby Poshgill » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:18 am

It's all irrelevant what other teams do. Our fate is is in our own hands. It will only come into effect if we have a wobble. I'd like to think that our players will be motivated enough by the fact that the winning line is so close.
Poshgill

Postby Garawa » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:54 am

I agree, but what a statement of intent against the side that relaced them in second. That might have some of our players a little hesitant, certainly couldn't afford too many draws if they carry on like that!

Garawa

Postby bananaman » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:39 am

don't get why people look down instead of up all I have my gaze focus on is a gleaming trophy presented on my birthday #champsbyglandsbirthday
#baconrituals
#Champions by christmas
bananaman

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:48 pm

Just got a call from the proverbial "fly on the wall", M A and Scally are in the GFC war room, they have decided to play 5 up front,and 4 attacking midfielders and go after Vales goal scoring "achievement",(which really was pretty dam impressive).
Scally has put up a 20 quid bonus for every goal scored, PER MAN, so expect the score to be Gills 4 ,Torquay 1 at the half, and Gills 8 Torquay 1 when the final whistle blows .
Can't let them dam Northerners ( north starts at Watford) take the spotlight off the wonderful things the might mighty Gills have done this season.
GO BIG BLUE, tee time at 9.20. YESSS. got to run.
gillsfan1066

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:47 pm

The 1-0 win was special enough! Hope you feel as good over there as we do here tonight. What a fantastic atmosphere today, and in the street afterwards! Going out for a quitet meal with family and friends now to calm down! Oh, what the hell, one more chorus can't hurt -'the Gills are going up, the Gills are going up, and now you've got to believe us, and now you've got to believe us!!!'
lidbid46

Postby Garawa » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:40 pm

The Cricketers sounded rather noisy as I walked past! Missed Martin Allen and the lads throwing champagne about in the Blues Bar as well! Grrrr! And after he was interviewed on telly saying there will be no celebrating as the job isn't done as well!!! Naughty little fibber!

Bananaman, I look at the other sides to keep up the thrill otherwise being top for so long gets a bit samey!!! ;-)

Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION