2 more new(ish) faces

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

2 more new(ish) faces

Postby Garawa » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:51 pm

The Gills bring in 2 more loan signing until January. Olly Lee, who was at the club for 8 games in the 2011/12 season, signs from Hearts. Do we need another midfielder?
Tom O'Conner, a left-back from Southampton, also signs suggesting Bradley Garmston will next be forced out the door.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: 2 more new(ish) faces

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:19 pm

We seem to be scoring at the rate of about a goal a game it would seem maybe a couple of Bury players like Nicky Maynard (21 goals last season) and Jay O'Shea (15 goals last season) might be looking for jobs,or did they jump a sinking ship before it went down ?
gillsfan1066

Postby CadburyMan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:31 am

More midfielders ?
Last edited by CadburyMan on Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
CadburyMan

Postby CadburyMan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:32 am

After watching the Coventry game we are clearly short of someone who knows where the back of the net is so would agree with the principle of what 1066 is saying
CadburyMan

Postby bunburygills » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:16 am

Seems to be a lot of movements going on and the manager appears to be very nice about it. He says no payments have been made to the players, they were happy to leave. Am I missing something here or are these players really giving up their contacts and walking away penniless? I can't imagine Sanchez and Bale doing that.
bunburygills

Postby Garawa » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:14 am

There is zero chance of that! The Bolton and Bury players were complaining that they were going to lose their house and everything as they had not been paid yet Zakuani et al have all chosen to risk everything by choosing not to receive any pay. Zakuani is still injured so cannot sign elsewhere yet so is guaranteed to not get any pay. NO WAY ON GOD'S EARTH is that the case! Plus it's surely illegal to terminate a contract without any form of compensation. Are we heading for multiple employment tribunals?

I don't get what we get out of this. If we pay off their remaining contract, this does not free up wages for new players like everyone suggests. We've simply handed them their money now instead of later and lost a member of staff that could be used. The only way that works is if we don't pay them anything (see above for details). I don't remember this happening at all before yet we have had loads this season (Zakuani, List, Parrett, Oldaker, Reilly etc). Confused.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION