A very happy man!!

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

A very happy man!!

Postby Snackboyslim » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi everyone,
What a fantastic start to the season!!
Who could have imagined where we are. Its certainly been a long time coming and well worth the wait id say.

This post is really just to touch base as it were with you all and share my joy at not only being top of the league, but to celebrate the return of our board. Top marks Gary you tech wizzard.

Nice to see a good old friend of mine Mooke back into the swing of things again.

Rejoice, for things are just great at the moment.

Love to all
Jez.

PS, please excuse grammar, im using an Estonian laptop and keep hitting keys and getting the following results when trying to use punctuation..
ä Ö Ü õ ˇ etc
Snackboyslim

Re: A very happy man!!

Postby Garawa » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:13 pm

Great to have you on board again Snackboy! It is fantastic to see 40 of the more key names from the old board (no Jacob though but then we can't advertise the board on the Gills site like I had promised) on nothing more than word of mouth so far, the board has only existed for 3 weeks so not too bad and will grow as more people use it. I just hope that people will use the board as often as they once used to as it's a bit slow at present, there is more for people to talk about here so here's hoping.

As for tech wizard I really must hold my hand up. I planned to have this site set up by the end of September (that gave me the summer hols to read all about it and sort it once our eldest was back at school. I emailed the hosting company ("Powered By Penguins" - highly recommended from me!!!) and they gave lots of advice and so I bit the bullet. I dreaded doing it and had honestly put it off. I bought the package and received a link to a control panel. In that panel was all the files to set up the bulletin board - all there just waiting for me to click it!!!!! That was it!!!!! I was furious!!!! I could have done it the moment the old board said goodbye!!!

Oh well, that will teach me for being such a wuss!!! Here's hoping to plenty of chat like the old days and some fun along the way!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION