Matt Jarvis

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Matt Jarvis

Postby Garawa » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:12 pm

Rumoured to be on trial at the club (or at least training with us). Too old and injury prone or a good potential acquisition? We seem to have brought in an obscene amount of midfielders already and have 4 decent options up front. Would another keeper be a better option given the inexperience should Bonham get injured?
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Matt Jarvis

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:58 pm

Perhaps were going to be playing in a 1-3-5-2 formation with a midfield player dropping back like The Great Bobby Moore did as a good old fashioned center half, and a couple of the midfield players going forward as wingers, or as inside lefts and inside rights. Don't think were even going to need a Keeper, pull him in the second half and put another forward on so we can win 7-0 instead of just 5-0.
I have got this feeling that this is going to be a great season ,no problems with injury's ,our squad must be about 50 strong by now, lol. One player drops out with a knock and someone else is simply slotted in, and if you don't become a member of the "DO IT MY WAY CLUB" run by S E then I think you will be riding the pine watching someone else play in the spot with your name on it. GO GILLS.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:15 pm

Like poor old Josh Rees who, apparently, wasn't included in this afternoon's photoshoot! Considering development players often get photographed as well and he is with them, his crime refusing to make himself redundant when under contract, I think that is incredibly harsh.

Garawa

Postby bunburygills » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:49 am

That would be harsh but are you sure there wasn't something else involved in this?
bunburygills

Postby Garawa » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:03 pm

Evans apparently told 3 players they wouldn't feature under him and to find new clubs. It became obvious that Parrett and Rees were two as they were forced to play with the development squad after supposedly turning down deals, one from a National League side you would assume for Rees. Parrett quickly found a new club and then so too did Reilly who must have been the third player alluded to. Rees remains at the club (let's face it, he was unlikely to find another league club when there are far more inexperienced players without one) cut off from the others. I think he will find it hard to get a club next summer unless the club loan him out to a National League side with a view to a permanent move.

Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:24 pm

I agree It's going to be hard for Rees to find a club especially like you say when there are far more inexperienced players looking for jobs, and I am sure there are even some more experienced players still without clubs, lol. Just kidding.
gillsfan1066

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:06 am

If we could get 30 games out of Jarvis it would be a very good signing.He only played 10 games for Walsall though.He obviously wants to sign for us,so maybe if he impresses in training we could sort a 6 month deal out for now.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:11 am

I think Evans has enough football knowledge to do things the last few mangers seemed unable to do and that is to change things up half way through the first half and put in players early when things are not going right for the Gills. This is where someone like Jarvis might come in handy throwing the opposition into chaos and Confucius and allowing the Gills to come back from say a goal or two down.....GO GILLS.
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION