Roses.

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Roses.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:01 pm

Yes everything is comming up Roses , and most of the other scores went our way to, wwwooooowwwwwww wwwwwoooooooooooowwwww (thanks Kezz) I needed that, since when did the 4 extra minutes seem to take 38 minutes to play ? lol. Better get back to work or else I will be in the dole line next week.
gillsfan1066

Re: Roses.

Postby Robpthegills » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:03 pm

I thought we played really really well. We hit the woodwork, we forced a great save from their keeper and generally were the better team.

That said Nelson had to make an amazing save, best save I have seen a gill's keeper make for a long time to keep all 3 points right at the end
but the Win and 3 points was what we deserved.

Kedwell and Whelpdale and Barrett were immense as was Legge. Deon Burtons work was fantastic and he did really well. If everyone played with the enthusiasm and vigour that kedwell did we will be in
the premiership in a couple of years.

On a critical note I thought Charlie Allen had a poor to average game and what he was doing in the first half where instead of going for a ball and crossing
it he just went and barged the defender to let the ball roll our for a goal kick was beyond me.

Fish was absolutely DIRE today. He spurned attack after attack for us as he seemed to freeze in place whenever he got forward today.

But hey ho we all get to have a bad game.

On the whole the team were brilliant.
Robpthegills

Postby Garawa » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:34 pm

Absolutely. I also thought Fish had an off day but he earned it. Hit the woodwork twice and its another close score that wasn't really that close in reality. Evans was absolutely foul again, what a disgustingly vile man!

With 4 games left what a massive gap to have to make up! We can be promoted on Saturday if (I believe) Port Vale and Burton draw with each other on Friday and if so, that would ease the tension to push for the title.Win Saturday and we effectively keep a 5 point gap and draw against Cheltenham and we can take a 3 point lead (assuming Port Vale win all their games) into the home game with Wimbledon where we can clinch the title!

IF WE DO, I WANNA PARTY!!! i HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO BEFORE AND I HAVE WARNED CLAIRE TO BE PREPARED TO PICK ME UP LATE SO WHAT ARE EVERYONE PLANNING??? Please don't tell me to go home and watch You've Been Framed!!!!!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Kezz » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:43 pm

Oh to be a fly on the wall listening to Allen and Evans! Great mind games Allen played walking off 5 minutes before half time!
Kezz

Postby Robpthegills » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:33 am

Absolutely kezz. The one man Evans wont get one over is MA.

Did you see Evans going ballistic because MA was in the tunnell giving instructions.

On the Rotherham website...Evans states......that anybody watching the game would agree that Rotherham deserved something from the game and that other than the first 20 odd minutes that rotherham bossed the game.....Let his blindness lead him to failures.
Robpthegills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:24 am

One thing about this winning by one goal bull corn, it sure does make it exciting. Heart attack territory exciting for anyone over 55 er 43 who is not at the game, but exciting stuff none the less.
Glad the teams around us decided they didn't want the title, and I sure am glad we are at this end of the table not the other, most division title races are almost over, but the relegation battles in most of the other divisions sure are fun to watch.................... when your not involved.
Thanks for the reports guys reading the "scrolls" just isn't quite the same as being there,lol. I assume it's written by a machine ?
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION