New Manager.

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

New Manager.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:06 pm

And The Gills new manager is STEVE EVANS , now lets see how much money Scally gives him to get us promoted, he has not come here with the promise of a couple of National League players coming in. Someone said that Welsh guy Beagle or Bales might be available and Scally was in Spain last week meeting with the Athletic Bilbao's manager. You have to ask yourself why, hahahaha, I wonder if the guy knew who Scally was, I bet after the meeting he said to one of the assistants " quien diables eres tu, hahahaha.
I hear the latest betting is 3/1 on Evans getting a better offer before the 1st of June so he won't ever get to the Gills , and 5/1 he walks out before Christmas, so someone tell Lovell to sit tight he might be needed before the new year.
GO GILLS 10/1 for promotion this coming season.
gillsfan1066

Re: New Manager.

Postby lidbid46 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:21 pm

That's me done then, until he's sacked anyway.
lidbid46

Postby Garawa » Tue May 21, 2019 6:03 pm

"Intends to appoint...."
" I fully expect him to bring us success both on and off the field, working within our budgets".

This doesn't actually sound like a done deal. I can't see Evans working within our budgets as he has always had cash to splash...even if he had to acquire it in a dodgy fashion. This won't end well. He and Scally are too stubborn and I just hope when it goes wrong he hasn't destroyed us financially like his other clubs.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby sotongill » Tue May 21, 2019 6:34 pm

It's a sad day for the club when we intend to appoint a petty criminal , with previous involvement in contract irregularities and tax evasion . Just hope the appointment doesn't last long , and that it doesn't financially damage us long term .

He's doing an open Q&A session on the 4th of June , so will be good to hear from anyone who goes
sotongill

Postby CadburyMan » Tue May 21, 2019 7:14 pm

No, no and thrice no - would sooner wipe my arse with a hedgehog
CadburyMan

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:00 am

Interesting , so if we bring in new players because Scally will allot Evans more money than previous managers, and it's the first week of October we are sitting at second place in the table behind Portsmouth having WON 9, DRAWN 3 and only lost 1 both,won first rounds of the Carabao Cup and The Trick or Trade Trophy,no one is going to see us play at home the following week against Ipswich ??
I guess then it will be time to fire Evans and bring in Hessy or some nce guy like that, a 15th place finish is always good,don't you think, means we have avoided relegation again.
Now I for one will be very surprised if Evans stays at GFC for long, two goofballs together butting heads over whether the toilet paper in the staff restrooms should be single or twin ply,but no problem I hear Pulis is looking for a job.
gillsfan1066

Postby sotongill » Wed May 22, 2019 5:52 pm

Gillsfan , I doubt very much that Evans will be given much money to spend . If you read the end of year report from Scally , we are having to pay back a loan to an American investor far quicker than anticipated as he is being investigated over there for fraud .

Scally also talks in the report about considering quitting shortly due to the abuse he gets from fans . The only logical explanation that I can see for appointing a manager that will incite the fans further , is to use it as an excuse to leave the club and blame the fans for him doing that - especially if the repercussions of this action lead the club back towards administration . sorry , generally supported him over the years , and not been one of his enemy keyboard warriors , but the report leaves me with only one conclusion .
sotongill

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Wed May 22, 2019 7:44 pm

Well we have all had a month to get used to Evans becoming manager.He had been at many games,and the odds favoured him massively.We have our fair share of history with Evans,quite a bit of pantomime stuff as well.I’m not a big fan of his personality,but if given a good budget he mainly does get results.It is big ambition to get him,and hopefully he will grow on me.The fans forum on the 4th is a start.He will need results instantly I reckon with many fans.It certainly won’t be dull.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby CadburyMan » Thu May 23, 2019 7:31 pm

You can't polish a turd
CadburyMan

Postby Garawa » Thu May 23, 2019 7:40 pm

If he gets a significant budget I'd question why these were never afforded to Pennock and Lovell who had to manage with crumbs.

What makes me laugh is that Scally said he hasn't taken this decision lightly and that he has carried out all the checks on his suitability (Evans has said he has changed his ways). The Peterborough boss, who sacked after he was banned for improper conduct, has said he has no regrets in getting rid of him and wished he never employed him. So, either he gave Scally a glowing reference but slammed SE on Twitter or he told Scally what he was like and Scally chose to ignore it. One is being rather two-faced.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Next

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION