Steve Lovell

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Steve Lovell

Postby lidbid46 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:54 pm

I'm hearing news that Lovell has been sacked and Evans is lined up to replace him. Something to do with investment coming with him. If that is true, I have been to my last game until Evans leaves. I hope its just rumour.
lidbid46

Re: Steve Lovell

Postby lidbid46 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:04 pm

Obviously not rumours, the Lovell part anyway as its on the official website. It says that after discussions this afternoon between the Chairman and manager, Lovell has been relieved of his post, Patterson takes over and there will be no further statement. Classy Mr Sally, as always!
lidbid46

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:05 am

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, about FOUR MONTHS TO LATE BUT I GUESS BETTER LATE THAN NEVER. Nice guy Lovell, totally hopeless as a manger ,think there might be a place for him at Lordswood ,or Deal Town.
The guy was great when he had two other guys to help him, an absolute waste of space for the last two years.
Bringing Evans in and a couple of million bucks for new players and this time next year we will be in the top 6 with a shot at promotion,mark my words.
Love him, hate him, who cares ,your not going to be marrying him , when were in the top half of the table, not scared to go to teams like Bradford City where we know were going to score two or three and come away with three points , where Preistfield becomes a place that teams like Walsall and Shrewsbury come knowing there going to have their ass's kicked ,this is what Gillingham FC needs,someone who is going to take names, kick ass and make players accountable, GO SCALLY, GO EVANS, GO GILLINGHAM FC, and promotion footie here we come, wwwoooww hhhoooooo.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:22 am

I fully expect Evans to be unveiled right before kick off ala Edinburgh and our new CEO. What should be a celebration at staying up and a feisty atmosphere could turn sour very quickly. I imagine he will be manager now and could be roundly booed before he even takes charge of his first match. This afternoon will be very interesting indeed!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:02 am

Gillsfan, have a look at some of the articles being posted elsewhere outlining exactly how Evans behaves. He leaves hate and distaste wherever he goes. See what supporters from other clubs are saying about what will happen at our club if we appoint him. I love being a Gills fan, even if I find it difficult to go to as many games as I used to, but results are not everything. Eventually he will leave, with Gills probably in even more of a mess than we are now. I have already read many twitter comments where fans who haven’t renewed their ST are now waiting and won’t renew if it’s Evans. Others who have renewed are seriously regretting their decision and wondering how they get their money back. We have rightly, in my opinion, heaped abuse on him every time he has brought an opposition to Priestfield, so to now get behind him and see him as a saviour is bizarre to say the least. I really hope it doesn’t happen.
lidbid46

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:32 pm

I hate to say this but I will, haha, but that just about sums up GFC, we should be celebrating at staying up, for the umpteenth time in as many years, like having the ugliest girlfriend at the party, and telling people she loves me so it's OK.
I don't think Gillingham are a mess, I think there that 1965 Morris Minor , chugging along the road with no where to go and with the owner in no hurry at all to get any where,telling everyone what a great car it is and asking which pub sells the best Real Ale in the village, all very 1960's and totally pointless.
The fact that people from outside Gillingham are even talking about the Gills is pretty amazing, after all how many people on this board have sat talking about Wycombe this week ??
From everything I have heard and read about Mr.Evans he seems t o be quiet a despicable character who causes waves where ever he goes, has never really done THAT WELL as a manager anywhere he has been, and it seems of late that 12 to 18 months is about his limit for staying in one place ,so unless Scally throws a shed full of money at him I would expect his stay at GFC to be about the same.
Of course I am sure Evans is taking one of the worlds great managers place at the helm of GFC, robbing Jose M or Conte of the position, I hear Ars was on the phone saying he would work for free.
As for people saying they won't go to games ,well thats like saying you don't like Theresa May so your going to emigrate to Canada.
What the hell does it matter who comes in to manage the club if they can kick start this Morris Minor and turn it into a Maserati Quadrapotte, get us into the top half a dozen places in the league next season and at least give us a look at promotion, you don't have to talk to the guy, have him round for lunch, go drinking with him,or let him marry your daughters do you ?
At last a spark at the Gills, after a very dull spell of utter blackness in the managerial department.
Look at our record over the past few years, this year JUST AVOIDED RELEGATION (we hope) ,last year,JUST AVOIDED RELEGATION, the year before JUST AVOIDED RELEGATION, thats been the story for the last six or seven years.
I'm sorry but I would welcome Rasputin, Sweeney Todd or Jack the Ripper into the fold if he could get us promoted to the Championship and if having Evans here upsets some fans and he gets us promoted then what can I say ,I hope you enjoy the ride to the top from the outside as opposed to sitting in the stands cheering on the Gills.
At last our weak Chairman has finally grown a pair and done something rather than bring in " THE NICE NON CONTROVERSIAL GUY " to manage the team. GGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GILLS.
gillsfan1066

Postby Rimshot » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:39 pm

If Scally has indeed recruited Evans then they are probably the best matched duo in Football. Unfortunately for all the wrong reasons.

Last year I 'celebrated' 60 years as a Gills supporter - I saw my first game at the tender age of 10.
If Evans comes on board I will be taking a well-earned rest from the ignominy that Scally's regime has visited upon us; as just one example I believe we are the only professional league club in England to have been found guilty of racial discrimination.

Whichever standards you care to apply; results on the pitch, ethical standards, a history of failed legal cases, treatment of fans, media and business partners, a track record of nepotism and personal enrichment the Scally era is most notable for its failures. Above all the man is a proven liar, dissembler and serial misrepresenter of the facts.

I hope to live long enough to see the back of him. For the moment I will be watching my old club AFC Sudbury with maybe the occasional visit to a small club with proper ambition and values, Norwich City. I''ll never be able to say I'm not a GFC supporter but I can say while Scally holds the club hostage it's not a place I care to visit.
Rimshot

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:10 pm

I have always said Scally is a promise them anything copy printer salesman, who was clever enough to make some real money and buy Gillingham Football Club and saved us from folding, for which I will always thank him.
As far as I am concerned I would love to see a young " go-geter" as a manger, someone from say the Scottish Championship maybe that just failed to get promotion this year and a Director of Football to work with him, but if I can't have that then bring in an Evans, the " nice guys " we have had lately have done nothing, at least this should be fun for a year or two,whats the saying, Birds of a Feather , haha.
I love Norwich (except there colors) there's a a team that proves you CAN DO IT with an inexperienced manager and a team of fairly young players with not much Championship experience.
gillsfan1066

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:49 pm

It came as a massive shock when I saw the news.it does seem like Lovell has walked,as the timing was very sudden.The home form was really bad,but away we were doing better than we usually do.The aim was to stay up,and we had a great cup run.I thought Lovell would stay as he kept us up,but perhaps the home form which is really bad has cost him.Best of luck to Lovell,and he deserved to at least say goodbye in some way.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION