Serious Problem.

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Serious Problem.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:02 pm

Serious Problem ,we only have about 10 or 11 players under contract to start next season, no g/ keepers, a couple of defenders, about 6 mid fielders , and a couple of forwards ,doesn't quiet seem enough to start the season with does it lol?
Mr Scally your almost 65 years old, who knows how much longer folks like you and I have on this planet, time now to make Gillingham FC into the team you and I have always dreamed it could be .
Nelson has his column, Qui Shi Huang has his Terracotta Army, those dead guys in Egypt have the big pointy things, and mention deep and throat in the same sentence and who doesn't think of Linda Lovelace?
Mr S. come closer, closer,CLOSER, look I know you love your wife and kids ,yes even the dopey one that peaked in life at producing a weekly program for home games , but after your gone, as in "up there" (do salesmen go "up there" ) lets be serious , there going to be fighting over how quick they can dump the Gills, take the money and blow it on drugs ,gambling, exotic cars, boats, expensive cheap women ( is that an oxy bow lake or what ever you call it).
Lets be honest here, young Sara is only 45 , after being married to you for 16 years this woman is going to be looking for a few toy boys to play with, just think who could end up running GFC, her new 21 year old husband ?
OK so this is the plan, we hire a young "go-getter" manager, early 40's, we give him access to your moth eaten purse, let him bring in a "team, real players" and we make a run at a top 7 finish next year.
Following year bring in the final pieces of the puzzle, a couple of 20 + goal scorers from big clubs and boom bang automatic promotion.
Everyone will forget the mess you have made of the Gills since you let us drop out of the Championship Division, because the following year a run at THE CUP , and top ten position all season, promotion talk all over town of Premier footie .
Your funeral , wow, it will be huge , people waving Gills flags and scarfs, all the way from the church to Priestfield, over 11,000 people in the stands to watch your ashes being placed 6 ft under the center circle,everyone knowing that now your there we will have a new stadium sooner than later,because we will be a good solid Championship team, and will be for years to come under the new owners your family sold the team at your wake the night before.
Come on Sir, time to get things rolling, lets make you special ,someone Gills fans will talk about for years to come, and in a nice way, not how they talk about you now. GO Scally, GO Gills.
gillsfan1066

Re: Serious Problem.

Postby bunburygills » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:54 am

A very amusing post with a serious message hidden in there, one I agree with. However, have you got enough friends to help you pay for your defense in the libel action that Mr Scally is likely to initiate. I for one have never met you, never seen you, never heard of you, and Mr Scally, I'm on your side.
bunburygills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:37 pm

Hahaha, only friends you need in the US of A are lawyers, haha kiss a woman on the head in a friendly way and your career is doomed. Dare to look at someone " the wrong way " five minutes later law suit,law suit, he was being racially insensitive, and suddenly out of the wood work come 5 people who remember back in 1981 thru 1984 you did the same thing to them, ONE TIME, but they remember it well, lol.
For 30+ years they had not been able to remember it , not once did it cross their mind but suddenly, yeah that day back in 1983, hahahaha,how much can I get out of the poor sod if I sue him.
I am sure Scally has a sense of humor ,hell he must have every time he looks in the mirror when he shaves he see's himself looking back, that must give him a giggle to start the day,.....every day.
I am sure when I win the lottery and buy the Gills at 10% over what the team and ground is worth, me and the Scally will have a drink upon the completion of the deal and have a good laugh over the whole thing, and if he doesn't I will bounce the check on him just to scare him into thinking he still owns the Gills ,lol.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:12 am

This season was a tough one financially with money siphoned for court cases and less money in from 2 year season tickets. It seems that the FA Cup run was reinvested in the January window and signalled the tough period had passed. I think the summer could see some fairly decent players coming in (well, compared to previous seasons anyway). The latest accounts have even seen yet another huge bad debt cancelled so we seem in great health. Fuller has resigned for next season, I think O'Neill will too and Eaves seems quite comfortable, maybe he might. We won't need too many more on top.

Just one thing to remember Gillsfan, attendances are woeful. It is this income in which we are bound and can only spend a small portion of to not fall foul of the financial fair play rules. The less people who turn up, the less money we are allowed to spend even if we have it.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:20 am

One thing to remember Mr.G, if you own a restaurant and you serve up crap, people don't turn up to eat it a second time, and soon you run out of customers in a tiny little town like Gillingham. Scally has been serving plate after plate of crap for the last SEVEN YEARS, since we won the 2nd division title in 2012. Only thing this guy has done in SEVEN years is tick people off with court cases and BULL CORN talk of a new ground.
He doesn't give two hoots if Gillingham FC plays in Division One,Two or the Southern League, all he cares about is can he make money,then he tells everyone he is only interested in seeing GFC survive, not be in debt, not on the verge of going under.
In the last SEVEN years he has lost an entire generation of kids reaching that all important age of becoming Gills fans watching Gillingham play Leeds or West Brom, or Aston Villa, instead were playing Shrewsbury or Fleetwood ( where ? ) ,even older fans can't be bothered to go and watch us play the same old same old, and lets be honest who the hell can blame them ?
Population of The Medway Towns A QUARTER OF A MILLION PEOPLE, population of Kent, ONE AND A HALF MILLION and we get 4 to 5 thousand at a game, hahaha, wish I had the job of Public Relations/Promotion Manager,must be one of those jobs where you work 3 days a year, and play golf the other 362.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:20 am

Its hard to argue against that. I guess until a greater chunk turns up we are stuck "serving up" the rubbish as these even challenging for the Championship requires spending ten times what we can currently afford. Its a vicious circle.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:35 pm

And the only way that circle can only be broken is if the owner wakes up one morning and says I am worth `10 or 20 million and I am going to spend an extra 2 or 3 Million of that on players this year, because I can live very happily on 7 or 17 Million, as I can on what I am worth now.
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION