Games at Christmas.

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Games at Christmas.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:53 pm

Hard on players,fans and everyone when you have to play four games in eleven days, only good thing is both away games are local derby's with little travel involved. Having to play three of the promotion chasing sides tough enough, to have to do it all in eight days wwooww,that is extra tough. I hope who ever did the fixture list only gets a piece of coal for Christmas.
I hope the Space Telescope remembers he has subs on the bench and uses them , I sometimes think he is a bit slow at getting guys up and into the game when his "chosen eleven" is not working.
Hard to think about points from these games with your head not your heart (especially when your halfway through a bottle of Russian "wine" at 7 in the morning, lol ) ...... our G/F are in all four teams range, our G/A is where it all goes wrong, which means a team like Portsmouth could easily feast off the Gills defenders and knock in a hat full,
I think if we manage to pick up 5 points from these games the way we have been playing this year, then any more I think I would consider a bonus , come on you Gills prove me wrong and lets win 4 out of 4 and move up to 10th in the table. GO GILLS.
gillsfan1066

Re: Games at Christmas.

Postby Garawa » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:02 pm

I think he has been reluctant to make changes, keeping with the same players (and socks) that did well in the previous match. He is going to need to switch things a bit though. Some players seem to have disappeared such as Nasseri.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:59 am

Oh well there goes a point I thought we might pick up against Charlton, Time to welcome Pompei to the ex fortress home of the 1995/96 Defense Of The Century, go into this one feeling like I have the tummy wobbles, or exam nerves , hoping for a point or three but somehow deep down dreading following Mr. garawas commentary. Come on you Gills lets make this Boxing Day a day to remember with a 2-1 win.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:53 pm

Typical the Gills would beat a side at the top for the second time this season when they had only lost 3 times and failed to score 3 times then get rolled over by Doncaster. Each win puts a nice distance clear of those below and then a defeat puts us right back down there. Need to avoid defeat against Southend otherwise we'll be back looking over our shoulders again.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION