Martin Allen

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Martin Allen

Postby Robpthegills » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:23 pm

So I read in the papers he often writes back to fans who write to him or he rings them if they leave there number. If I am honest I was a bit sceptical.

However my friend Malcolm who lives in Hull with his wife and 3 boys who are all mad gillingham fans decide to write to Martin Allen last week to say how chuffed they were we were top of the league and to ignore all the fans moaning that the football is not pretty.

At 6.30am this morning apologising for the early call Martin Allen rings my friend Malcolm, thanks him for the kind letter and asks him if his sons would like to be Mascots at the Fleetwood game on saturday, Gillingham would sort out the tickets and everything.

Another good PR job by the football club, and 3 more young boys who I think will be gill's fans for life.

Came on top of a busy week for Malcolm who has been worried sick all week as his parents live on a remote scottish island cut off with snow, only to see a helicopter land and a BBC crew interview his parents as to how they were coping. Which was well btw.

2 good stories wrapped around 1 marvellous family, all of whom are true gill's fans.

One thing you cannot take away from Martin Allen is the fact that this season we have had a lot more happy stories in the press than all the negative ones in the past.
Robpthegills

Re: Martin Allen

Postby Snackboyslim » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:26 pm

That's a lovely story Rob. Fantastic and fair play to Mr Allen, I hope they thoroughly enjoy their day out mate.

I also read that the Gills gave free pies to the 27 odd hardcore fans from Accrington who made the journey through the snow as a thankyou for their efforts. Their Chairman was made up.

Another genuine, fine gesture, that makes me feel proud to be a supporter.

Top marks to all. :-)
Snackboyslim

Postby Garawa » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:01 pm

And behind all this is the backing of the chairman. I know he hasn't exactly covered himself in glory but I was next to him when the fans clamoured up the stairs to attack him after we lost at home a few times a couple of seasons back. I try to be fair as much as possible and I think it is only right that we should thank him as much as Martin Allen in all this. I suppose it helps having better balance sheets, it wasn't all that long ago we asking for pencils to be donated so how wonderful to be in this position and long may it continue!

Just an aside, if he was to ring everyone then I now know why he starts work at 6, lol.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:03 am

Dear Mr. M .A, I happened to go past our local Bentley dealership and I was wondering if , hey just wondering ? If the answer is no could you please pass this on to Mr. Scally.
gillsfan1066

Postby Kezz » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:47 pm

My cousin knows this family too. Nice touch.
Kezz

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION