Gills at home to Cardiff

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Gills at home to Cardiff

Postby Garawa » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:23 pm

Gills will play Cardiff in Round 3. If we have our tails up that is doable. I think that might be moved to the Sunday as well.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Gills at home to Cardiff

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:31 am

OK lets go through this slowly, ......lets pretend football is the TITANIC , there 's Gillingham almost bottom of Division Three, way, way , down in the bowels of the ship,sailing third class right about where the iceberg came through the hull, with a clueless manager and an owner that doesn't give a dam.
Then there's Cardiff in First Class , open a door, look out and there's a life boat, give me a couple of bottles of Dom Perignon 1910, and a box of H Upmann Cuban Cigars, clear the way let me boared the life boat, Gillingham 1- 4 Cardiff , but a crowd of 9,000 put a few bucks in the Gills coffers.
Now if there is NOT 9,000 or more in the ground, then I think Scally should move the team to Snodland and call GFC Medway United, lol.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:39 am

We have the lowest gate in our history this season. Lower average attendance than most seasons and people boycotting refusing to "line Scally's pockets" yet they'll all be out in their droves for the match of that I'm certain. Unless it rains of course.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Gills at home to Cardiff

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:30 pm

I think the day only you,your poor wife and the seven children you drag around the ground carrying reams and reams of paper covered in facts and figures dating back from Mr.Lidbits first ever away game at Barry in 1947,( he was actually heading for the following weeks game on his bike at Oxford ,but got lost, but at least he was lucky enough to see a 6-6 game even though we were 0-6 up at one time) will Scally wake up and realize that people even fans that have hung around for years are getting fed up with watching Gillingham play Bristol Rovers or Scunthorpe .
They look at teams like Brighton and Bournmouth,Wolves, Watford, EVEN MANCHESTER CITY , teams that we were playing not that long ago. I think the average fan would be happy if we were playing Millwall, and Blackburn,Hull and Brentford, at least we would get to play Norwich and QPR, Aston Villa, Leeds, and WBA.
I think that this coming January's Transfer Window will show me once and for all if Scally is serious about GFC , or is he just happy chugging along making money for himself , buying cheap , going nowhere and not caring if we play Championship football or Division Two football.
gillsfan1066

Postby baronnight » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:10 pm

Scally has no personal wealth to invest in the club, he runs the club as a business and spends up to the limit allowed under fair play rules.
Increases in gate receipts and cup runs allows extra funds to be made available, also players sent out on loan are not counted by the league in our fair play expenditure.
Whilst Scally might not be considered the best Chairman, I'm sure supporters from Charlton and Blackpool must look on in envy.

On to the business at hand:-
Who do we want in the next round after beating Cardiff. :D
baronnight

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:39 pm

I think you will find he has money, maybe not millions and milions and he does a good job of hiding it, 7 active companies, 12 dissolved in the last few years.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that GFC Holdings were worth over 7 million, and had over 1/4 million in cash on hand ,assets of almost 2 million ,I think it was something like that.
I kind of just wish he was a nicer guy, and I know I don't know him, and I understand that he saved GFC from going under, and I understand that most successful people have that "edge" to them that makes them seem not that nice, haha.
I just wish he could bring someone in with some money to spend, build a roof for the Gillingham End, buy some players to get us into the top 7 for a crack at the Championship every year.
Of course I am glad were not Blackpool, but I wish we had had a run like Hull, Brighton, Bournmouth Watford, teams we have played fairly recently in the lower divisions.
My dream ,lol.
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION