Come home Mr.Bruce.

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Come home Mr.Bruce.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:07 am

Dear Mr.Bruce, I am writing this on behalf of Mr.Scally the owner of your favorite team GILLINGHAM FC. He lives in Dubai you know , so he probably doesn't know about the unfortunate incident at Aston Villa today, as in you getting fired.
MR BRUCE, putting it bluntly WE NEED YOU , WE WANT YOU, PLEASE ,PLEASE COME AND HELP US, MR.LIDBIT WILL EVEN PICK YOU UP FROM THE STATION AND LET YOU STAY AT HIS HOUSE UNTIL YOU FIND A PLACE TO LIVE.
I mean lets be serious your not going to find a job in the Premier Division unless it's somewhere like Cardiff and you don't want to live there do you , there going down no matter what you do so thats a no no. ??
Championship Division , what are you going to get offered there , Hull, ??? No way would you go back there, you could not repeat what you did there last time, so I honestly see no other alternative than for you to come HOME, back to good old Gillingham.
Simple program really, you save us from relegation this year, you will have THREE Transfer windows between now and next May when you get us promoted , so no problem there. A couple of years in the Championship, four transfer windows and Brighton, Bournmouth ,Man City, Liverpool here we come thanks to our own Stevie Bruce.
Look forward to hearing you signed a 5 year contract this coming weekend, so welcome home Mr Bruce.
gillsfan1066

Re: Come home Mr.Bruce.

Postby Goalmouth » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:06 am

Nice thought Giilsfan, but no guarantees Bruce could do the trick. I wonder, however, how much longer Lovell has got. I'm puzzled why everything started to go wrong as soon as he was offered a two year contract. What changed?
Goalmouth

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:33 pm

Love to know the answer to that myself , I was kind of thinking he might be one of those managers that works hard and loves Gillingham FC, gets promoted to manager and everyone in the building jumps on board, great guy, nice guy ,says and does the right things and everything goes well.
Then after a time the players have heard the same thing over and over again from him and they just start shutting him out ?
I am sure the owner doesn't give him the backing he promised , Scally probably told him he could bring in who he liked, then once he had signed on the dotted line , Scally then alters the scenario to ,as long as it doesn't cost more than four and sixpence a week.
I honestly thought he might be the second coming of Brian Clough, and we would have trouble holding on to him, I think maybe the second coming of old Justin Glasgow we had here a couple of years ago is more like it.
I hope he can get it fixed before he gets fired which really must be very very close, the next four or five games we have got sure as hell don't do him any favors.
If we come out of them with 9 or more points from a possible 15 then I think he is safe, if it's 3 or 4 and we get hammered by 4 or 5 in a couple of games then I think he will be getting his pink slip sooner rather than later.
It would be a shame if he did because he has done so much for Gillingham FC ,everything from driving the bus to washer woman, I sure hope he gets it right in the next two or three games and we climb the table away from this dam drop zone we have seen so much of over the last couple of years. GO GILLS.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:41 pm

I think the contract was a coincidence and came after we suddenly had the play-offs in our sight. After the turn around, the deal was offered but the nerves kicked in when we suddenly were on a roll. Then we lost a couple of games at home and the players were petrified of the pressure to get a win. Look at the Plymouth performance once we were safe. We've seen it this season, won 2 out of 2, everyone got excited and then the fear kicked in. No pressure at Portsmouth as its an expected home win so they perform.

There will be a lot of expectation at Priestfield, especially with now having a lush carpet of a pitch so the pressure will be back. Hopefully the momentum from Portsmouth will be with them otherwise the result will be wasted. We can't keep losing out on points at home.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION