Predicted a win..

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Predicted a win..

Postby Snackboyslim » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:57 pm

On my Noircat league against Accrington.
I hate to say it, and I really hope im wrong, but got a nasty feeling we may get turned over today. Be a massive phychological win if we do with Vale, Burtons and Rotherhams games off, we would go 8 points clear.

Please feel free to abuse me once we have secured 3 points!!
Snackboyslim

Re: Predicted a win..

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:35 pm

Snack Myster, NO WAY IN HELL DO WE LOOSE TODAY, GILLINGHAM 3 who ever Stanley a big fat ZERO Why so many postponed ?
gillsfan1066

Postby Snackboyslim » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:04 pm

Snow Gillsfan, though us here in kent escaped the worst.
As far as my worries-
Snackboy, how could you possibly think we were going to lose you fool, you predicted a win at the start of the season! You can be such a pessimist you doughnut...

8 points clear, 6 games left.. not looking at all bad is it???
Snackboyslim

Postby Garawa » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Thought we controlled the game largely and could easily have been 3 up at the break with Martin missing the far post by an inch and Whelpdale pannicking slightly when through on goal and only the 'keeper to beat. With Francis Jeffers in their squad who looked lively Tuesday when he scored twice, we kept him quiet and restricted their chances to next to nothing and when he came off to be replaced by another former England player, James Beattie, he wasn't allowed a sniff either! Although they came into it second half, we had the win in the bag and for the second game running the score sounded close when it wasn't really.

8 points clear is massive now. It may not alter anything really given that the two below us have yet to play but being 8 behind knowing you have to win with only 6 games left after just to get 5 points behind is a massive psycological advantage that will take a heck of a beating.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:47 pm

Snackboys a donut, Snackboys a donut , lol,lol,lol,lol. Thank you gentlemen I needed a laugh this morning.lol,lol.
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION