Barry Fuller? BARRY FULLER!

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Barry Fuller? BARRY FULLER!

Postby Garawa » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:08 am

How on Earth did the Barry Fuller deal come about? I'm pretty sure he'll just be there for cover but still, its a shock. According to Neil Ardley who released him, he still wants to play so will he accept being second fiddle? Maybe he is back at a club he loves and is willing to be a reserve only? Here's Ardley's comments on releasing him, this hardly inspires confidence. Didn't realise he played a significant amount more games for AFC Wimbledon though.

“Sometimes as a manager you have to try and improve certain positions and bring in players you are looking to start ahead of players who are already at the club.

“In Barry’s case that is very difficult as he has been the first name on the team sheet and has hardly ever been left out.

“He is a legend and someone I have a wonderful relationship with. His final year may have ended up not being as good and with Barry that is something that I didn’t want to happen. I don’t think he would have accepted that.

“Barry still wants to play, and rightly so.”
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Barry Fuller? BARRY FULLER!

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:25 am

And Gillingham those lovable losers seems to be the right place for him to go, there expectations are only to avoid relegation where as ours is to have a second run like what we done with the Crazy Gang back in the 80's and 90's and win another FA Cup like what Gillingham have never done in a 100 years.
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION