Steve Lovell Wants To Add More Flair To The Gillingham Squad

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Steve Lovell Wants To Add More Flair To The Gillingham Squad

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:48 pm

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/lovell-excited-by-summer-targets-183530/

Manager Steve Lovell is hoping to add a bit of flair to the Gillingham squad.

"I am looking at a bit more youthfulness, a little bit more mobility and a little bit more drive going forward from our midfield players. I am very excited by the fact that we can get these players in and show everybody here that we mean business this year."

This quote stands out for me in the above article, Steve Lovell may well be looking to sign a lot of young players who have more athleticism and creativity to boost our options in the middle of midfield, Finances may well have pushed Steve Lovell to go down this route as we're looking to sign younger players who are keen to establish themselves in League One, But these players won't be on big money compared to a proven establish League One Player who is Twenty Seven Year's Old For Example.
fan_of_mulligan

Re: Steve Lovell Wants To Add More Flair To The Gillingham S

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:55 pm

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/new-midfielders-fit-the-bill-184018/

Lovell is still in talks with other potential targets.

He said: “I am glad I have done the two boys that I have, they are good midfield players. We let a couple of midfielders go, so it’s good that they have been replaced right away, those two were important for me to get done.

“There will be some (more) new faces, but it's more of a waiting game now.

“I want to get what we need to get done, maybe and hopefully before we start pre-season training, rather than halfway through, but if it has to be it has to be.

“We are getting a really good squad together now for us to have a really good go next campaign.”

This quote is from Kent Online and I have shared the link so you can read the entire article.

Steve Lovell wants to get more players into the football club but points out it will be a waiting game now, How many players do you think Gillingham need to sign between now and the start of the season, and which positions do you think need to be strengthened ???
fan_of_mulligan

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION