BLOG: What Is Gillingham's Football Philosophy ???

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

BLOG: What Is Gillingham's Football Philosophy ???

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:53 pm

http://fan-of-mulligan.tumblr.com/post/173255169117/fom-blog-what-is-gillinghams-football-philosophy

In My Latest Blog, I asked the question What Is Gillingham's Football Philosophy ???
fan_of_mulligan

Re: BLOG: What Is Gillingham's Football Philosophy ???

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:09 am

I have no idea what a Football Philosophy even means let alone should we have one. I think out owner has done a great job in saving GFC from going under,and has kept us afloat as a football club in the first and second division over the years, end of conversation.
I don't think he gives a dam if we get into the Championship or not,he is happy walking around saying Hi I am Paul Scally I own Gillingham Football Club, were in the First Division of the English Football League, ....................................there I feel ends the conversation.
I don't think he is able to see further than the end of his nose when it comes to Gillingham Football Club,he has proved over the years he is clueless when it comes to choosing a manager, he either chooses cheap or some old retread who did something ten years ago.
As far as the academy is concerned I see NO POINT whatsoever in having one. All the Premiere teams dump players after they have been in there system for eight or ten years or so, since they were say 14, these players are kicked to the curb and end up playing for some Irish , Scottish or Non League Club , and there is no way in this world that a guy that has been in Manchester United's,or Spurs or, Newcastle's academy squads for over five years is not better than the players that came through Gillingham's academy .
Why were not bringing these guys in I do not know, their playing for Finn Harps or Galway United, in stadiums that have a capacity of 6,000,they would kill for a chance to play for a team like Gillingham.
I have always believed that a something, call it a Director of Football is a necessity to act as a buffer between the manager and the outside world, how much power he has I think should be limited. Bringing a Peter Taylor or Andy Hessenthaler is a complete joke,there just waiting for the manager to fail so they can come riding in on a white horse to save the Gills.
I would go to a Premier Division Club find the head scout and give him the job, and let him bring in a couple of his guys to scout football. I have no idea who has that job of scouting for the Gills, but who ever they are I don't think there doing a very good job.
If no one from GFC is not knocking on Chelternams front door looking to sign Mohamed Eisa or on Forest Green's door looking to sign Christian Doidge then I know were not serious about going forward.
We need a mixture of experience and young hard running players, but they all must have the WANT , THE WAN'T TO FACTOR,the want to win, not lose factor, we appear to have players that are just happy to be there.
I think Lovell is going to be starting on the hot seat next year, five or six loses and were going to be baying for his head on a plate, a dozen loses 2 wins and a couple of draws and "he gone". I am very disappointed in his last third of season performance, I think the team started ignoring him.
How many times have I seen a great guy working in the field for us, get promotion, get the money then seem to relax, and all that hard work they put in slowly goes down the river. I think Lovelle may be a bit out of his depth, perhaps in the beginning it was all Roy of the Rovers stuff, new managers always come with the enthusiastic lets go, go, go, bit, and Lovelle did just that, and we went, from 22nd up to 10th or 11th in the table.
He got us out of trouble, what were we 10th in the table 2 or 3 wins and a couple of loses by others away from that last play off spot, in February the hard work of dragging us out of the cellar,up the stairs to the living room had been done, the he seemed to just stop being the manager we or at least me thought he was, we will see, and I am the first to hope I have to say sorry Stevie Boy, "YOUSE THE MAN", but we will see.
Football Philosophy I don't eve know what that is, Gillingham FC's owner seems happy to just see us on the map in any division above National League status,which basically is where we have been on and off for 125 years.
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION