How many points.

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

How many points.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:47 am

How many points will the Gills end up with this season now we are safe ? It would seem from Mr. FOM last post a lot of players will either be looking to sign new contracts with the Gills, or looking to move on, so they had better get their fingers out and start playing some proper footie for the remaining five games of the season or else they will be in the National League next year.
I think I see us picking up 3 points both against Oldham, and Blackpool, a point against Bristol Rovers, and dropping 3 at Rotherham .
The Plymouth game could be difficult if there on the brink of getting into the play offs and a win is necessary for a 6th place finish, so I think I see the Gills season ending with us in about 10th or 11th place with a total of 59/60 points.
Hopefully that will stop 442 magazine from picking us for relegation next year, that was depressing when I saw that at the beginning of the season.
gillsfan1066

Re: How many points.

Postby Goalmouth » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:11 pm

Everybody always picks us for relegation. Anyway I never believe we're safe until it's mathematically impossible for us to go down. As my Mum always said, "Many a slip twixt cup and lip", and "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched".
Goalmouth

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:03 pm

Hahaha, I had a friend over when I read your post ,she couldn't understand why I was laughing so much,because I could hear your Mom saying that. Then I realized in the US, NO ONE ever says an idiom or a phrase, like Back to the drawing board or Don't cry over spilt milk, piece of cake, haha so I spent the next hour going through all the sayings I knew, it was so much fun, and she was laughing, then smiling, then looking kind of blank, but I didn't care ,I was in full flight,then she went to get us another bottle of red, but after after fifteen minutes of her not returning, I went looking for her .
Nothing left to say, the open back door , the dainty mud foot prints up the garden fence said it all, she gone.
gillsfan1066

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:17 pm

Like a bat out of hell? Now you see her, now you don’t, she disappeared in a puff of smoke. Never mind, you can’t miss what you never had.
lidbid46

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:56 pm

Laugh you swine,laugh, I don't care. A lonely old man, at home with a good looking dollybird, everything looking like this was going to be THE NIGHT, woman was all ready half tanked up on cheap plonk and hamburgers. What amazed me is how a woman of 83 could even scale a 6 foot high garden fence and drop into the back alley without breaking a leg, wonders will never cease.
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION