3 from 3

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

3 from 3

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:02 am

Three points from 3 games, guess the magic touch in the away games department has gone, all a bit disappointing really, but still ,onwards and upwards.
Three away games playing the top of the table Gillingham FC watched by a total of less than 7,000 fans.
Seven games left, I can see us ending up with 82/83 points and that should get us promoted.
gillsfan1066

Re: 3 from 3

Postby bananaman » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:07 am

three away games in seven days over 1500 miles travelled and come home unbeaten.Sounds alot more positive to me.five clear and seven to go
#baconrituals
#Champions by christmas
bananaman

Postby Garawa » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:15 pm

I have to say, if this was last season those would be the sorts of games we might have lost and DEFINITELY after having to fight back. Especially last night when it appeared the opposition wanted to win by leaving us with 5 players able to continue!

So, on that premise, we are 3 points better off and if we win the league by 2 clear points then what amazing results they have been instead of us looking at what might have been if only had 1 more point! I think the key is the games in which we play the sides around us, drawing those and a couple of wins else where should be enough to secure top slot.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:31 pm

Not worried about this season, were going up by auto, but I am just a little concerned about what we have to work with in the future.
I know they played three away in 8 days but it was not like they had to cycle to each game, and I honestly don't think 3 points from a possible 9 is that good no matter who we are playing and where.
We don't seem to be able to score more than 1 goal a game, thank the football Gods we got off to a great start but I am just a tad bit disappointed in the fact that in the last nine or ten games we only manage to score on average a goal a game, seem to be running up hill all the time and were are not going to be going up as a team to fear next year in Division One. Bet the "experts" have us as a team in the relegation zone next season. BUT thats next season so why worry now?
gillsfan1066

Postby Noircat » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:15 pm

I went to all 3 games.There was a pattern really. Great defence,not sufficiently creative midfield and blunt attack.
Equals-2 goals in 3, 3 goals in 4.
Good not to lose but we are wringing out every point and in some instances against pretty mediocre opposition.
I kept hearing comments like "are these top of the league?- you have to be joking".
I have to say the comments didnt surprise me.
We can put all that to rights with a spanking of lowly Accrington tomorrow. Nothing less will do.
NC
Noircat

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION