Transfer window

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Transfer window

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Two days left and we seem to have signed Reilly from Bury who has played, Moussa who has sat on the bench, and an under 21 Iranian, Nasseri who has had more clubs than I have in my golf bag and who has not played or sat on the bench.
Ok, so off we go for the rest of the season with with the guys that got us here, whats the saying , always go home with the one you bought to the dance ?
gillsfan1066

Re: Transfer window

Postby shoutingman » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:07 pm

Unless you can find one that's an improvement on what you already have.

think that's how it goes, anyway...........
shoutingman

Postby Garawa » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:48 pm

I wouldn't say we have stand out players at present, more a team that is fully behind each other. Eaves is becoming a monster on the pitch, O'Neill very useful and Wagstaff a nightmare for defenders before his injury. No Dack or Jet type of player and so it is easy to upset the balance by bringing in players that aren't going add anything different.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Garawa » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:27 pm

No news on the two other guys we seemed possibly signing (but then they are probably out of contract anyway). Clare is still a possibility according to Scally but unlikely.

BUT................

Nelson released? We had 4 keepers and put Nelson on the transfer list. He then worked his way back into the squad and Arnold left and now Nelson has gone. So unless we bring in another keeper, will have Holy and un-used (so far) Hadler. Hope Holy doesn't see red any time soon......or even worse, become a last minute deadline day sale!

Garawa

Postby Garawa » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:30 pm

And then he signs......Rhys Murphy joins the Gills on a deal until the end of the season.

Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION