On the up......but....

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

On the up......but....

Postby Garawa » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:53 pm

5 points from the drop with some sides in serious peril. 9 points off the play-offs. Great to be on a roll and it would be brilliant to end in the top half. Personally though I think we have a struggle ahead and a promotion push is beyond us this season. I worry that we will have nothing to spend in the summer. We've spent the season ticket money and some of the Dack money on fighting the Centreplate case. The next instalment of the Dack money will probably go on the bonuses owed to Edinburgh (if that case hasn't been settled yet). The instalments from the Centreplate win will fund the prep work for the new stadium and in the summer we will find we have nothing at all because people bought 2 year tickets and the money has already been spent. It seems to me like the club are banking on Holy doing well and getting a decent transfer. If he doesn't.......
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: On the up......but....

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:05 pm

Well if thats the case then ..............................Come on Dover, Come on Dover, COME ON DOVER.
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:42 pm

PROMOTION, hahahaha, did you fall over and bump the old Noggin, we have as much chance of promotion as I have of winning the lottery.
We won the dinner plate case and the judge said Mr Scally was a wonderful man and awarded costs and everything to Mr.Wonderful, I don't think that cost us anything did it ??
Glasgow and bonus's haha there is an OXY MORON if ever there was one,what the hell did he get a bonus for ??
New Stadium, I guess we need one, nice 5,000 all standing, hot dog carts and YE OLDE TEA SHOP at both ends, after all that way at least the ground would look full when we pack 4,500 folks in there for home games.
Scally neither has the millions for a new stadium or has enough clout to borrow the millions for a new stadium, New Brompton will be playing at Priestfield for the next 50 years, then in about 2068 they will relocate to Puck one of Uranus's inner moons after the bodiless head of Richard Branson completes the purchase of the club from one of Scallys son's son's daughters , which will then only leave 12 clubs playing in Milton Keynes once both Gillingham and Barrrrrcelona leave and relocated to their new shared stadium.
Money from Holy, hahahaha, yea right don't hold your breath on that one, I don't think Canvey Island United (The Mud Skippers) have a lot to spend on a keeper.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:06 pm

A side often comes from the depths to storm in to the playoffs. Plymouth have a chance but then equally so do we.
We got awarded compensation plus costs from the Centreplate case but it will surely be paid in instalments so won't be noticed.
Edinburgh and co were due bonuses from the season before for being a certain number of points above relegation and it is that unpaid bonus they are arguing over.
The stadium will need a lot spent on it soon. The temporary stand is not fit for purpose and other stands are in need of repair, millions might be better spent on a new ground. It is irrelevant what the attendances are - a new ground will earn plenty off the pitch. There are concerts at Canterbury Cricket ground yet the new stadium will be a few stops from London and highly attractive. This, along with other facilities will make the investment much more likely. And whether we agree or not, A LOT of money WILL be being spent on feasibility studies and planning legal advice so we are pretty much committed to the project. That's 21st century football.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION