Another point.

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Another point.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:44 am

A point at Oxford, but the gap closes. No worry, another game just around the corner and were still on top. Guess you can not expect to stay on top all season, can you ? Just think almost a 1/4 of the season all ready gone.
Time to put the pedal to the metal ,pick up 6 points from the next two home games, lets beat the living c*** out of Aldershot and Burton.
gillsfan1066

Re: Another point.

Postby Robpthegills » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:30 am

It was a good point as well mate. First half we played brilliant football, passed the ball well, we were always second to the ball and the whole team did really well.
Their keeper made a couple of fantastic saves which denied us going in with a well deserved lead.

2nd half was the opposite. We lost David Wright to injury and with that we seemed to lose the plot, we couldnt keep the ball and we lacked direction. Montrose came on and
was reliably awful. I do not like to pick on individuals but with Wright returning from being on loan I hope he doesnt think Montrose can do his job. Montrose stands out from all
our other players he is just not up to the mark in my humble opinion.

Nelson made a good save, barrett was lucky not to have a penalty given against him after a handball, wasnt intentional but I have seen them given.

Over the course of the 90 minutes I thought a draw was a fair result. Our inability to put away our early chances let oxford grow with confidence as the game went on.

Good showing from the gill's fans and lots of noise. Thoroughly enjoyable day, sat with KezzandDave, saw and said hello to lidbid. Great day out.
Robpthegills

Postby lidbid46 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:29 pm

Good to see everyone yesterday and I agree with Rob's post. Everyone around me sighs resignedly when Louise Montrose enters the game. I never have a go at Gills players but I feel sorry for the lad - he just does not seem to be on the same wavelength as the other players. On a different point, what do you all make of Flanagan? He has had MOM awards recently and obviously the manager really rates him, but he really scares me sometimes. He is confident and wants to take his time on the ball, which is laudible, but sometimes nothing beats the good old fashioned welly to get rid of the ball! Callum Davis has looked like an excellent player to me when I have seen him and I would feel much happier with him in the team. What do you think?
lidbid46

Postby Kezz » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:30 pm

I agree about Flanagan, he scares me. He plays some lovely passes but then gives the ball away in the worse of places.
I am still struggling with our 2nd half performance yesterday, it was like the legs gave up, we were 2nd to the ball every time and that can't be down to just one player leaving the field of play. Also how we have 3 strikers on the pitch and they are either not making chances or they aren't getting the service, it seems to me to be a free for all in the final third of the pitch. (that's not just a critisism of yesterday)
Kezz

Postby Garawa » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:41 pm

I suppose recent games will throw up issues like that. When things are going well it is barely noticable but would need to change if/when we hit a sticky patch. That's when the manager will really show what he is capable of. As for Montrose I felt he git undeserved stick last season but now realise that was due to others under-performing. He does now look like the weakest player and once Lee comes back will probably drop back to the bench.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby steve347 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:01 am

I found myself hissing 'just get rid of the bl**dy ball at Flanagan a few times - needs to realise that when there's a bit more danger you just hoof it.

The midfield needed a shake-up after the injury so I think it cost us that Lee, Allen and Jackman were unavailable.
We have a good side now, but have to cut down on suspensions.

Gills fans were epic.
steve347

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:00 pm

I would have taken a point before the game,but seeing the chances we had we will feel unlucky there.I suppose how well we are doing a draw after playing well is slightly disapointing.

We have two home games now so its a chance to pull further ahead.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Garawa » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:37 pm

It's amazing really isn't it, we would have been really happy with that only last season!
It shows how far we have come but we must always be mindful of how it can change and I do worry that when the next patch arrives we will be too scornful of the side having enjoyed this success. Also, it makes all that time of misery worth it as it helps to make this much more thrilling!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Noircat » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:47 am

Hello everyone.I echo all the thanks to Gary for the board and let's hope it grows and takes the best of what the old one offered-including Noircat of course.
I was not at Oxford and found myself being greedy and wanting a win. Having heard that we were well in charge in the first half I was disappointed to hear how the second half went.
Today we are in a banker situation-if there is such a thiung these days-but I was super confident v Rochdale and I do think that was a poor result. Ironic that our away record currently exceeds our home.
So I think we might bang 4 in today .Not 2 games at home on the trot though-there is a difficult trip to Torquay on Tuesday I think.
Montrose is my least favourite Gills player-and everyone says the same. For the life of me I cannot understand why he is played. Slow,inaccurate-gives the ball away. I am looking forward to Charlie Lee who I think is having a terrific season and we need him on the pitch.

So it's Gills to win 4.0.
All the best
NC
Noircat

Postby sotongill » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:25 pm

Excellant prediction Noircat . I trust you picked your lottery numbers at the same time . :D

The Torquay trip is Tuesday week , so it is two home games on the trot with Burton next up .
sotongill

Next

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION