Court cases

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Court cases

Postby Garawa » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:27 am

So we won a decent sum from the Centreplate case but I thought the Edinburgh case was due to be heard immediately after? After the way the club crowed about how well they had done against our former caterers, I would expect a similar response if the JE case had been dropped. If it had been postponed I would expect an announcement saying so.

As we've heard nothing at all, do I presume we used some of the Centreplate money to settle out of court? After all, there must have been a case otherwise a court case wouldn't have been set? If so, I wonder how much and with money being set aside to improve the stadium I wonder how much will be left to actually spend on the squad next month?
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Court cases

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:12 pm

Just finished reading (OK glancing through)Sir Alistair MacDuffs final judgement, still can't actually see what we got financially. He stated Mr Scally was an honorable man. You really have to wonder at what age High Court judges should be forced into retirement don't you this old boy must be well past that use by date, lol.
Just joking,don't sue me Scally, wish we could win a few games on the field instead of at the Old Bailey.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:27 pm

Ha ha, I thought it odd we got praise from a judge lol. Basically we were awarded (I believe) £1.4m which is a tiny bit less than was offered by Centreplate but includes all the costs which the club financed from the sale of Dack. So in the end, it was more (near £2m) as the out of court offer wouldn't have taken account for any costs the club had incurred at the time.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:44 am

OKEEEDOKY thanks, so hopefully we have our scouts of this very second looking at the teams in mid table of the Championship, and lining up a couple of goal scoring forwards who just can't quiet get in their own team, but would love to come here on loan for the rest of the season. GO GILLS.
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION