Cup draw.

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Cup draw.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:27 am

Did anyone on here know that there was the 3rd round draw of the FA CUP yesterday ?? Just no one interested in GFC any more ???
gillsfan1066

Re: Cup draw.

Postby Rimshot » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:59 am

I think it's just that social media has overtaken the forum. Those few of us still on here are old enough and tired enough of Scally's GFC to have become almost indifferent. We know our views are of no interest to him and saying the same things to each other becomes a chore.
Personally I have become disenchanted with football, people currently banging on about how many 'English' clubs are in the Champions league - it's just that we have imported more and better overseas players.
My remaining glimmer of interest is in the young England players who have done so well.
I still look for the GFC score but with no expectation of success or development at the club.
Rimshot

Re: Cup draw.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:06 pm

I know what you mean, I have become a bit like that with sports in general. I guess the world has passed me by I still live in the days of players skills and development, managerial skills that made the game what it was, not who has got the overseas investor with the most money.
I blame Tottenham for this,they bought Ardiles and Villa in, I seem to think in those days the rules said only two players born outside the UK could play ? Then of course the flood gates opened and now you have to look at the bottom half of the Premier Table to find a team with more English players then them foreign gits that was born outside the UK as Alf Garnet would have said.
Times change, the world changes and I honestly believe in most cases for the better but not in all cases haha.
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION