Steve Lovell

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Steve Lovell

Postby Garawa » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:24 pm

Really not sure what he has done different to the others but scoring in every game plus a record of Won 5, Drawn 3 and Lost 1. Amazing.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Steve Lovell

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:29 am

In my mind I think it all comes down to a few things. Firstly Addy was a great guy I am sure, but the players didn't respect his managerial ability, and lets be honest his record stank and he was way way out of his depth managing GFC.
I have a feeling Taylor who was supposed to be the buffer between Addy and the outside world became his " go to guy " instead , and lets be honest Taylor is well past his expiration date , with the mentality of " just try not to lose", try and stop them scoring and lets see if we can snatch a goal and win a few,stay up and me and you Addy will both keep our jobs.
Although I don't know the man from Adam,( Morning Adam, that was Adam in the hallway) I think The Apollo 13 skipper has got the players attention because he lets them do what they do best, play it the position they are most used to, and he has got them playing hard. The fact he was a key part of the team that took over to save us from relegation last time we changed a manager,or was it the one before,or the one before that, who can keep count at GFC , I think gives him the cred Addy didn't have.
The Gills play hard , good grief we must have had more fouls called against us this year than any other team in the division, and although I honestly don't think we have a very good team, the Apollo 13 skipper is doing a good job with what he's got, and I sure as hell hope Scally opens his wallet in January and brings in a couple of new proven Division One players.
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION