Wake up its Here

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Wake up its Here

Postby bananaman » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:10 am

home away day is here get the lucky pants on get the bacon on get down the pub lubricate those vocal cords and lets get 12th man volume blowing the roofs off. let the players know we are going up as champions.
say we are top of the league say we are top of the league!! :D
#baconrituals
#Champions by christmas
bananaman

Re: Wake up its Here

Postby Garawa » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:29 am

I will be yelling in spirit from the press box (would actually do it but I fear I wouldn't last long and would deafen my listeners)! I contacted Doug on Facebook and he said he would to help to rouse the fans. Russ who does the music knows as well but not sure how much scope he has considering he must play that reggae music every game - I don't think that helps personally.

If we get this right people will really enjoy it and I am sure it will continue every game thereafter. Just wish we had a way of mass advertising it.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby bananaman » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:11 am

yeah spoke russ he is doing requests and dropping reggae music hopefiully
#baconrituals
#Champions by christmas
bananaman

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:58 pm

Reggae music ? Looking at You Tube videos of Gills games I have trouble finding the West Indian contingent in the crowd, why reggae music?? I ask that in all seriousness .I don't understand with a million recordings available why reggae music, but then after watching Everton run out to the Theme from "Z Cars" lol, played on the weakest sound track I have ever heard, (sounded like a bunch of kids with kazoos and penny whistles) I guess nothing surprises me. Tell the Gills to get a recording of Sirius by Alan Parsons ( Eye in the Sky) . GO GILLS, big win today ,lets have a Wigan first half.
gillsfan1066

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:15 pm

Well it worked - fantastic atmosphere. But were did the 10,000 plus crowd figure come from? That is close to the max and there were still spaces everywhere. Closer to 9,000 at the most I would have thought.
lidbid46

Postby Kezz » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:48 pm

It's Ska Gaz !!! Called the Liquidator and it's brilliant! Love it! Not sure the Spice girls was all that motivating!! :lol:
Kezz

Postby Garawa » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:05 pm

I think Bananaman was referring to the same Best of Reggae CD that Martin Allen insists is played throughout the pre-match period Kezz. He says it inspires him so everyone has to listen to it but after a few games it gets tiring. Russell did a tremendous job with the music, Faithless had me going big time. The Liquidator is fine as a run on tune though.

Definitely not 10,000 but a great crowd, and a brilliant atmosphere so thanks to B'man and the crew for instigating it. It should be like that all the time though. Wonderful game and even better result.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Kezz » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:58 am

We estimate the gate every match, Dave said 9500 and I said 10000. Not far off.
Kezz

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION