C'mon you Gills!

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

C'mon you Gills!

Postby Garawa » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:16 pm

Four times the Gills have won 10 league games in their history. It has happened twice in regular seasons with neither ending in promotion - one was a Southern League season and we were refused entry to the Football League and the other we finished 4th in Division 3.

The other two seasons we won 10 away league matches when play-off games were involved and both seasons saw us promoted. In our centenary year we have the opportunity tonight to break the club record and re-take top spot with our 11th away victory and with a further 8 games remaining!

If that's not a good enough reason to do it, we will never get ourselves fired up enough!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: C'mon you Gills!

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:54 pm

SSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, just peeped into the team bus, the lads are asleep and M.A. (probable manager of the month) is on his 15th note book of possible player combinations for the game. The list on the floor is of the players who are really playing well, they might as well get off at the Watford Gap and get a cab home, no chance of them lacing up the boots.
Anyone know where Yeo and Gibbs are, and how long will it take you to get them to the nearest airport?
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:11 pm

Torquay at home and go up as CHAMPIONS. Gate of 10,000 plus to take Scally up on his 150 pound (CASH ONLY please ) season ticket offer for2013/14 season, good man that Scally.
gillsfan1066

Postby CadburyMan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:35 pm

Dreadful first half display last night; we seemed intent on defending deep and relying on the breaks which were too few and far between. Main tactic seemed to be to "hoof" the ball up the park to Cody who had no support.

Seconf half was an improvement with the introduction of Weston and later Birchall & Lee and we could well have snatched it. In retrospect it was a point won rather than two dropped.

We currentl seem to lack a midfield with players who have any guile or invention. I think the players who are asked to play there are doing a good, honest job but are they any better than the players who made things happen before Christmas?
CadburyMan

Postby Garawa » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:24 pm

The midfield has gone from an abundance of riches to limited. Frampton has been winning praise for holding holding midfield role and rightly so but he played a number of games as centre midfield in front of Gregory and the pair of them were woeful, he was subbed after only 38 minutes at home to York.

Clearly the midfield is defensive but now creates little and gets bypassed. I think, if we must persist with 4-1-3-2, that we have no option but to play Weston each game with Whelps to give us vital width with Lee in the middle for some bite. I might even consider adding Allen to the midfield and play McDonald up top on his own and ask the wide players to get forward in support. At present it offers little and at home it costs us the game.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION