Decent..

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Decent..

Postby Snackboyslim » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:11 pm

Exeter losing + Us winning + Top of the league = Thoroughly good evening.

Simples.

How was are performance guys??
Snackboyslim

Re: Decent..

Postby gillsalltheway » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:35 pm

Interesting, think the conditions really hampered any real football being played. Anyone thing both goals were a little odd?
gillsalltheway

Postby Kezz » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:51 pm

Can't underestimate the weather tonight. Good performance with that in mind.
Kezz

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:06 pm

Can not get a report on the match from ESPN, what was wrong with the weather, wet, snow, cold, windy, hot ? Glad we got Cody back but did I read somewhere that after a 1 month loan Coventry can call him back , so he is not guaranteed to be here for the remainder of the season ?
gillsfan1066

Postby Rimshot » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:24 am

Two very good results in two days...I wonder how the Vale fans feel about keeping OUR place warm for us.
Rimshot

Postby Garawa » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:03 am

Weather was atrocious, the worst conditions in the 3 years I have doing the commentary. The wind was strong enough to blow the laptops off the tables and my full bottle of drink down the steps. A lot has been said about the "comedy goal-keeping" that led to Cody's opener but in my opinion the ball bounced up and would have been collected easily but the wind blew it towards the goal leaving him stranded and Cody rushing past. Then later we saw the same end with the ball scooting out for a goal kick only to be blown back and kept in!

That was a tough game! The conditions dictated everything and had we come home 0-0 I would have been happy considering as these are the sorts of games where one freek goal ends it. Weston's second was all his own work passing to himself from the middle and rifling in off the far post from the left. 2-0 was a terrific score-line with the conditions and just what we needed to get ourselves back on track (especially as we haven't exactly excelled in front of the TV cameras lately)!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION